Fat experiences

Getting uncomfortable when people talk about weight

Does anyone else get uncomfortable when weight gain comes up in random conversation? Like when it starts to feel like hey here is stuff you write about and get off too right here randomly and now you have to pretend it doesn’t affect you? That keeps happening to me. Everytime I want to ask more questions but I get super uncomfortable and kinda agitated. It makes me feel like they know or I’m being made fun of. Like my neighbor I feel like has now randomly started playing with his belly in front of me just to mess with me. He actually does know. But honestly it just randomly comes up with people.
1 year

Unless someone specifically knows you like this stuff it's highly unlikely anything they are doing or saying is targeted at you. Just like anyone with a fetish or kink, people without it will sometimes say or do things that no one but us would notice. We then may look much too into it and see something that isn't there. This fetish doesn't seem to be very common. But, weight is something most everyone deals with, talks about, etc at some time or another. So, I think you may be seeing patterns that aren't really there. You remember all the times people have talked about weight because that topic interests you. But all the times it's other topics those get more easily forgotten. Your neighbor, it seems, is a different story though.
1 year

Natatat:
Does anyone else get uncomfortable when weight gain comes up in random conversation? Like when it starts to feel like hey here is stuff you write about and get off too right here randomly and now you have to pretend it doesn’t affect you? That keeps happening to me. Everytime I want to ask more questions but I get super uncomfortable and kinda agitated. It makes me feel like they know or I’m being made fun of. Like my neighbor I feel like has now randomly started playing with his belly in front of me just to mess with me. He actually does know. But honestly it just randomly comes up with people.

Your neighbor is 100% teasing. Idk to what end.

I, personally, don't get uncomfortable when discussing weight gain with normies (unless the convo takes a fatphobic turn). Weight gain is sexy, but unless it's been sexualized, it does nothing for me.
1 year

Yeah I had dealt with co workers and other people that bring up weight gain around me, be it bodyshaming themselves or just making general negative comments about fat/fat people.

I get uncomfortable, but put on a poker face. If they're trying to mindfuck me and be mean, they're the ones with the issue. I have had close calls with people prying in weird ways to me about my weight gain and straight up insulting me for it. I do not respond.

Like your neighbor, he sounds like the issue. Ignore his behavior.
1 year

Also to add, if their end goal truly is worst case scenario: i.e, they're trying to "turn you on" or "rile you up" to get a reaction out of you for whatever sick creepy reason,

Then they are clearly in the wrong and you should take comfort in the fact that if you just don't react it makes them look bizzare.

TMI: a personal experience... my privacy was badly violated once and the individuals tried to harass me about my weight gain. The biggest dick energy you can give is to just own it and not respond/make them feel like their behavior was socially unnaceptable.

And sometimes people truly are just casually talking about weight gain because its such a common thing that happens to everyone's bodies. As someone said; sometimes we see something when its not really there.
1 year