Gaining

Heavy cream challenge

So, as I understand the heavy cream challenge, it has the following parameters:

- It takes place for a minimum amount of time, perhaps 2 weeks.
- Every day, you consume a minimum amount, perhaps 1 cup. It can either be alone, or mixed with something.
- If you miss 1 day, 2 more days are added to the countdown, effectively adding 1 additional day.
- The challenge concludes when you reach 0 days.

If you are very fat, or find it too easy, you could increase it to 2 cups/1 pint a day. But I don't think I can handle this daily. Not yet, anyway.

So far, I've been mixing 1 cup heavy cream with 1 bottle (1 cup) Equate Plus. This is the Wal-Mart knock-off brand of Ensure Plus, which provides about 1,150 calories in only a pint.

I've started the challenge on May 1st. Technically I did have a heavy cream weight gain shake as I described on the 30th, but I'm not counting that.

I already missed one day, so I had to push back the last day from the 14th to the 16th.

I'm trying this because I've had a hard time being consistent with it in the past. It's my hope this will be a fun way to keep it up consistently.

Has anyone else tried something similar? I wonder if this will get easier, or harder over time.

I'm kind of inspired since I think my long lasting plateau might have finally broken, assuming I haven't jinxed it by saying this.
12 months

Heavy cream challenge

That sounds fun,

I'm going to try and mix a couple of scoops of Gold Standard Serious Mass gainer powder with melted chocolate ice cream and a bit of heavy cream, and see if it's even somewhat drinkable.

If it is, its quite literally a pound's worth of calories or more per shake. I wouldn't do it daily but as a once in awhile thing.
12 months

Heavy cream challenge

Heavy cream has been the single biggest help for me with gaining. Some stores have 1 quart for as little as $5 and that 1 quart is 3500 calories! Basically I eat relatively normal. As long as I get to the daily 2000-2500 calories need to live. Then the heavy cream is the excess calories. I usually take it after eating throughout the day. I usually finish the 1 quart every 2-3 days give or take. I actually like the taste of it. It doesn't bother me at all. So I just drink it straight. But I've heard many don't like how thick it is.
I like the challenge idea. Consistency is key and I also have had issues keeping it going. But overall I think you eventually get used to it. They say a habit takes 60days to form. So keep at it lol smiley
12 months

Heavy cream challenge

I always joke that heavy cream is cheating! I found it a really helpful way to go from fit to fat. Drink really however much you can consume, I could easily drink a pint a day but others found it difficult to stomach.

The important thing is to keep eating your normal diet as well.

If you want tips on how to drink more of it, I found even mixing it with water made it taste and feel more like milk.

You probably won’t notice much change for about 3 weeks, but don’t be discouraged! On week four the weight will come and a lot more suddenly than other diets.
12 months

Heavy cream challenge

I’ve done a version of this where instead of adding 2 days for each missed day, I did it by amount of total cream. So I started out with a few quarts of cream and a commitment to drink a cup daily. Then, I bought another quart of cream for each missed day, plus a new quart for any quart that expired before I could finish it, and the challenge would only be over once I ran out of cream! Sadly I wasn’t able to finish it out because I got very sick to my stomach, but I’m more sensitive than most people and it was really exciting while I was able to keep it up. I’d love to give it another shot sometime to see if I can avoid getting sick again and do it properly.
12 months

Heavy cream challenge

Sneederid:
I’d love to do this in a group where we have the same 2 week end date. Anyone else?

That sounds fun, and I wish I’d done it with someone else, even if it was just online. I don’t think I’ll do another round of it soon, as I’m happy more or less with where I’ve ended up.
12 months

Heavy cream challenge

Swedebert:
I’ve done a little over 2 weeks now with chugging heavy cream mixed with some chocolate every night after dinner, just under a quart. I’ve definitely gotten a bit softer, but nothing major. I’m debating whether I should stop or keep going. It’s not super delicious and I can’t really say that the gains are huge.

As a general rule of thumb, if you aren't enjoying yourself, don't do it.
12 months

Heavy cream challenge

I did it once because I was curious. I planned to do 2 weeks but ended in 5 🙈 because it's so delicious that you can't stop drinking it. I was able to drink 1liter a day or even more sometimes.
I agree that the weight is coming later, 3 weeks no gain and next 2 weeks i gained 16 lbs and it was not my intention. I was just not able to stop.
But there was a huge downside of it. I stopped finally because I had huge gastric problems. Gas is one problem but I had constant diarrhea and it was really tought. It was probably to fat for my stomach.
11 months

Heavy cream challenge

You probably over did it for your system - try less qty. per day.

Also, you may have introduced it too quick for your system to get adjusted to it.

Agree 100% the delayed gains are the craziest and most exciting - not to mention a little scary even after you stop.

Stopping for a couple weeks and realizing you can’t even fit into some shorts anymore hips, ass and can’t even come close to closing them around your waist because of the inches that just showed up on your waistline in 2 weeks without even consuming anymore.
11 months

Heavy cream challenge

I guess I’ve been lucky with heavy cream. I was drinking about a liter a day on top of regular food. Took about a month before the fat started and I turned soft all over. I had a low body fat percentage before though so the fat gain was more obvious.
11 months