General

Taking the plunge?

As of right now I've probably had this kink for 3 to 4 years. Always being interested in purposefully gaining weight but too hesitant to actually do it, despite accidental gains.
Is there a way to just take the plunge or to remove the doubts?
11 months

Taking the plunge?

Babyberry:
As of right now I've probably had this kink for 3 to 4 years. Always being interested in purposefully gaining weight but too hesitant to actually do it, despite accidental gains.

I was conflicted about this too, but I really wanted to experience it. At first, I decided to just try gaining a small amount of weight, about 10 lbs, to see how it felt.
11 months

Taking the plunge?

Its a big decision really.
Lots to think about as far as family and friends and what they will think.
There will come a time where you figure out that maybe you should do what makes you happy.
Gain some and see how you like it. If you don't then lose what you gained simple as that.
11 months

Taking the plunge?

Babyberry:

It helps to figure out what your doubts are and why you have them.

For example, some people don't want to gain weight because they won't be able to do everything they currently want to do. Others are worried about what other people think of them.

You gotta ask yourself in these things are really worth stressing over or not. It takes some soul-searching, but you'll be able to make a choice you'll be happy with in the end.

As a reminder, weight gain isn't an all or nothing kind of game. You can gain until you don't want to gain anymore. You can lose it later. You can gain a combination of muscle and fat.

The world's your oyster. You can have whatever body will make you happiest.
11 months

Taking the plunge?

It’ll tend to come with age anyway. When i hit my 30s, I saw my fit expand into the visceral beer/food belly I have today. As a guy, it makes me feel more my age anyway :-)
11 months

Taking the plunge?

I notice a lot of feedees and gainers on this site don't want to gain unless they have someone to gain for. I get why. Having someone to love and support you through your changes is lovely.

Unfortunately, changing your body to please someone else never ends well. It's nice to have someone who loves they way you look, but ultimately, you should only do it for your own happiness.
11 months

Taking the plunge?

Munchies:
I notice a lot of feedees and gainers on this site don't want to gain unless they have someone to gain for. I get why. Having someone to love and support you through your changes is lovely.

Unfortunately, changing your body to please someone else never ends well. It's nice to have someone who loves they way you look, but ultimately, you should only do it for your own happiness.

DMVGrower:
That is a good point. For me and maybe others it is more like, it is something I want, to gain that is. But I also want a relationship and this state of mind is not a common one. I mean I am sure it is more common than one thinks but feederism/gaining is certainly rare. So it is sort of like a bet hedge in a way, like sure I can start gaining and keep going and maybe never find someone because of the majority of people being disgusted with my size. Or I can keep the weight down and find someone who isn't into it and just sort of store the fetish in the back of my mind forever.

So that brings us to finding someone into it, now I already want to gain, and now I found someone who also wants me to gain? Jackpot!

Truly.

Another thing I want to add is that if someone can't accept you for who you truly are, then you aren't going to be happy in that relationship.

I'm not talking about toxic or abusive traits. Those shouldn't be accepted, and you should work on improving yourself. But if someone cannot value you because you are fat/gaining weight, that's not a person you need in your life.
11 months

Taking the plunge?

As others have said on here, there's nothing else you can do except make a decision to gain or not to gain based on whichever choice you think will give you the most happiness. For me personally, it took years and years to finally accept myself and my desire to become obese, and I am just now truly starting in my weight gain journey. What changed for me is just realizing that other people and their opinions don't truly affect me but at the end of the day I have to be able to love myself and accept myself as I am, and for me this meant no longer denying my dream of becoming obese that I've had since childhood
11 months