Fattening others

Diabetic gaining

Hi, I have a female friend who recently discovered she was a feedee/gainer and waiting to gain. She is currently 253 and wanting moreto Initially gain to 300 and possibly more later. The thing is she is diabetic type 2 with insulin/other meds, and trying to best avoid carbs to control her blood glucose better. She is having trouble gain and has been losing a little weight because of it; we are also kinda on a budget. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be great. Thank you!
11 months

Diabetic gaining

Eatingbi:
Hi, I have a female friend who recently discovered she was a feedee/gainer and waiting to gain. She is currently 253 and wanting moreto Initially gain to 300 and possibly more later. The thing is she is diabetic type 2 with insulin/other meds, and trying to best avoid carbs to control her blood glucose better. She is having trouble gain and has been losing a little weight because of it; we are also kinda on a budget. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Nuts, high fat fish (e.g. salmon), avocados

Basically any food that's naturally high in fat. It will take longer to gain, but it won't spike her blood sugar. You can get nuts and avocados for cheap - not too sure about the salmon.

As a side note, I'm also a type II diabetic. I find that cinnamon is good for stabilizing blood sugar. If she can't eat enough to make an impact naturally, there are OTC supplements that you can get at your local Wal-Mart.

There are a lot of natural remedies for managing diabetes. She shouldn't stop taking her medicine, but it can help get it under control.
11 months

Diabetic gaining

Munchies:

Basically any food that's naturally high in fat. It will take longer to gain, but it won't spike her blood sugar. You can get nuts and avocados for cheap - not too sure about the salmon.

As a side note, I'm also a type II diabetic. I find that cinnamon is good for stabilizing blood sugar. If she can't eat enough to make an impact naturally, there are OTC supplements that you can get at your local Wal-Mart.

There are a lot of natural remedies for managing diabetes. She shouldn't stop taking her medicine, but it can help get it under control.

Having just discovered high blood sugar and BP (I also posted about this in the Health post) I could use a little info, too, that the doc wouldn't provide. 🤣

I *don't* want to lose weight. From what I've read so far, I guess overeating/stuffings are out? I'm swapping in low glycemic foods when I can, and no dessert. 🥺 Avocados gross me out, but nuts I can do. What about 18% cream and cheese? Is pasta okay? Is a LOT of pasta okay? LOL! I've been putting cinnamon in my coffee and on toast, any other places I can add it in?

I do weightlifting, but I don't want to fully "recomp" (trade fat for muscle) as I want both. 🏋‍♂️🐖😁 Any tips would be appreciated.
11 months

Diabetic gaining

Munchies:

MickRidem:
Having just discovered high blood sugar and BP (I also posted about this in the Health post) I could use a little info, too, that the doc wouldn't provide. 🤣

I *don't* want to lose weight. From what I've read so far, I guess overeating/stuffings are out? I'm swapping in low glycemic foods when I can, and no dessert. 🥺 Avocados gross me out, but nuts I can do. What about 18% cream and cheese? Is pasta okay? Is a LOT of pasta okay? LOL! I've been putting cinnamon in my coffee and on toast, any other places I can add it in?

I do weightlifting, but I don't want to fully "recomp" (trade fat for muscle) as I want both. 🏋‍♂️🐖😁 Any tips would be appreciated.

You can eat pasta, but you can't go crazy with it. Pasta is made from carbs. Too many carbs will spike your blood sugar.

Drinking lots of water and regular exercise helps to regulate blood sugar.

Dairy is generally okay. In fact, full-fat dairy tends to have less of a glycemic impact than skim milk. But it still has carbs and sugar, so be careful:

www.everydayhealth.com/type-2-diabetes/diet/guide-eating-dairy-with-diabetes/

As the article indicates, there's a lot of conflicting advice, so just drink what you like, and proceed with caution.

Here are some foods that are good for diabetics.

Unless you are insane like I am, you may find it hard to incorporate cinnamon into your food as much as you think you can. You might want to look at supplements:

As always, please run things by your doctor. Get a nutritionist if you can as well.
11 months

Diabetic gaining

Munchies:
You can eat pasta, but you can't go crazy with it. Pasta is made from carbs. Too many carbs will spike your blood sugar.

Drinking lots of water and regular exercise helps to regulate blood sugar.

Dairy is generally okay. In fact, full-fat dairy tends to have less of a glycemic impact than skim milk. But it still has carbs and sugar, so be careful:

As the article indicates, there's a lot of conflicting advice, so just drink what you like, and proceed with caution.

Here are some foods that are good for diabetics.

Unless you are insane like I am, you may find it hard to incorporate cinnamon into your food as much as you think you can. You might want to look at supplements:

As always, please run things by your doctor. Get a nutritionist if you can as well.

This is fantastic, thank you so much!!
11 months