Fat experiences

What was your point of no return?

Otacon0205:
I’m curious to see what occurrence made you realize you will never be able to go back and from then on you could only stay big or get bigger.

In recent years I have yo yoed a lot and got big to 250, then back at 190, then again 245 and then back to 200 my current weight and working my way back up.

My moment was during my recent loss of weight and saw all the extra skin that I was getting on my stomach. Skin does not like for weight to fluctuate that much. The realization that only surgery from now on will be able to give me back a proper shape around my mid section certainly helped cementing even more the idea I want and I prefer myself bigger. Certainly helped motivate me as I got back seriously on my gaining routine.
If I can’t be skinny again, then I want to be the fattest I can be.

The concept of a "point of no return" is fascinating to me. Personally, I don't think there is such a thing. So long as you are breathing, there's always an opportunity to achieve something.

From what I can tell, the "point of no return" is more of a mental state than anything. It's a point where you either embraced your weight gain or gave up on weight loss. And that can happen at any size.
11 months

Otacon0205:
That is fair, but as a certain degree of laziness and hedonism are commonly intrinsic into this kink, I can see how you may reach a certain point you would feel like completely indulging into it without ever looking back, that’s the point I’m talking about.

As per your comment, yes with enough will power you can still achieve in life most of what you set your mind to, including losing the weight if that is what you want.
Also agree it is certainly a mental state.

True. Although I do want to clarify that it takes more than willpower to lose weight. I'm just saying if the desire isn't there, it's simply not happening.
11 months

Otacon0205:
That is fair, but as a certain degree of laziness and hedonism are commonly intrinsic into this kink, I can see how you may reach a certain point you would feel like completely indulging into it without ever looking back, that’s the point I’m talking about.

As per your comment, yes with enough will power you can still achieve in life most of what you set your mind to, including losing the weight if that is what you want.
Also agree it is certainly a mental state.

In my case my point was also dictated by the fact that physically, no matter how much I may work out, I will never regain that level of fitness and skin tightness as before my gains, hence why I see it as a point of no return as there is no way I can go back to that exact state without now considering undergoing surgery). The point of no return to me is when you know there will be consequences now for your decision to gain and you can’t just go back as nothing happened.

First, I want to clarify that I do not care if you gain weight or not. Not only am I a feeder, but it's not really my business on what you decide to do with your body.

Second, it seems that we have very different definitions of "point of no return." Because with your definition, I qualify for that.

I started my weight gain journey at 115 lbs. For my height, I was underweight.

Now, I'm much healthier. I'm not fat - more so athletically thick. I don't think my body could get back down to 115 lbs. But I don't think people with my body type are the kind of person you have in mind.
11 months

I tried dieting and exercise for a while when I was hovering around the mid 200s, I’d lose some lose some gain it all back gain a bit lose gain lose gain lose, but then I found myself around 300 and I was like I gotta get serious about losing weight and it just never really happened and then I found body positivity and fat acceptance here iam all 440 of me. So there was definitely a point of no return for me, I didn’t process it that way at the time and I wouldn’t say I really actively went for it until last fall but!
11 months

I have always been at least “chunky” and made a few half-hearted attempts to shed a few pounds or work out more in my late teens and early twenties (when I was in the lower to mid 200s). I just always enjoyed eating more than being “slim” and I am pretty lazy, so extra activity has never been that enjoyable for me. In my later twenties and thirties I was busy with life and never really thought about losing weight. Also, slowly getting into the mid300s during that time, weight never really interfered with my life. I would say that my “point of no return” happened around 400 pounds. I am currently in the upper 400s and the amount of eating restrictions and activity increase necessary to make a significant impact on my weight is just way beyond what I would be realistically capable of. Especially given that I have no motivation or desire to lose weight.
11 months

Otacon0205:
I’m curious to see what occurrence made you realize you will never be able to go back and from then on you could only stay big or get bigger.

The short(?) answer would be that I reached the point of no return about a week ago, when I decided to start actively losing weight via deliberate exercise—for the first time in over a decade. So I got on the floor to do pushups like I used to when I was younger and quite fit, and discovered I’ve grown too fat to do a single one. Somehow my brain still hasn’t processed my transformation from thin to morbidly obese and it short-circuited during my failed exercise attempt. (I also tried sit-ups, which were even more hilariously impossible.)

So thinking about the amount of effort and time I would need to lose even half the weight I gained made me realize that I won’t be going back anytime soon. And, at this point, I’m so habituated to laziness and overeating that something major would have to shift in my mind to be able to commit to long-term weight loss.
11 months

I know im never going to be skinny again, i really like being fat and gaining more and more weight.
Im hopelessli addicted to junkfood and soda, have both daily.

But if you are judging by my photos, if i wanted to loose Weight now and go back to 75-80 Kgs wich would be my ideal weight (healthy weight) currently 135kgswouod i have lots of loose skin? Do you think my skin is ruined beyond repair without surgery?😱😅
10 months

For years as I continued to gain, every time I had to get on a plane I panicked a few weeks before and lost weight. This March I had to get on a flight for the first time since Covid, and having marched right past 150kg (330lbs) during the lockdowns, I bought a 1st class ticket to make sure I had space. I kept waiting for the freakout to happen and to lose weight, it never came. Instead I gained another 10lbs between booking the flight and getting on it, and discovered the 1st class lounge at the airport when I got there 4 hours before my flight and spent those 4 hours at their unlimited buffet stuffing myself with not one or two but SEVEN plates of pasta and desserts. Then I repeated that process on the flight back and made sure to get there even earlier to really get my money's worth. By the time I got back I was at 163kg (almost 360lbs). I think it's safe to say I'm not going back smiley
10 months

I became aware of this when I went running for the first time in months, at just over 200 lbs. It shocked me how unfit I was and the realization that it wouldn't be easy to get back in shape. But my point of no return, idk. I think it was probably back when I started to accept myself for who I wanted to be.
10 months

I would say the "point of no return" is predominately psychological vs. physical. As someone who has grown up with the urge to gain weight, 200 lbs always seemed like the magic number. As soon as I hit that number and still felt "skinny" was probably the point in time my fate was sealed...
10 months
12   loading