Fat experiences

What was your point of no return?

Having been a chubby kid and then an overweight adult, I have gone through about 45 years of criticism about my weight. Still remember my college graduation and my mom asking me to keep my graduation gown on during my party as when would I get a chance to wear something like that again…. I knew it was she didn’t want relatives to see how fat I looked just in a dress at my highest weight then of 203 lbs. Fast forward many years…Now 57 and thanks in part to Covid….. I stopped dieting when I got heavier so that I’ve gained about 60 pounds since 2020. Happy now at around 270! Can’t imagine the effort to go back down. Also have a very supportive hubby who is enthralled with my new curves! So no return to the old days of agonizing over every pound.
10 months

Having been a chubby kid and then an overweight adult, I have gone through about 45 years of criticism about my weight. Still remember my college graduation and my mom asking me to keep my graduation gown on during my party as when would I get a chance to wear something like that again…. I knew it was she didn’t want relatives to see how fat I looked just in a dress at my highest weight then of 203 lbs. Fast forward many years…Now 57 and thanks in part to Covid….. I stopped dieting when I got heavier so that I’ve gained about 60 pounds since 2020. Happy now at around 270! Can’t imagine the effort to go back down. Also have a very supportive hubby who is enthralled with my new curves! So no return to the old days of agonizing over every pound.
10 months

RoundRosy:

Good for you 🙂
10 months

i have written about this in previous threads, so i won't repeat it all... but there was a real moment of "no return" for me, too.

i had taken a conscious break from exercise and restraint, and was enjoying a life of excess with my girlfriend at that time. i was around 150 or 160 when we'd met, and i thought i would let myself get up to 200 and then lose the weight...

well, i overshot the mark a little, getting up to about 220 before going back to the gym. that lasted a few weeks, and i was over 250 by the time i decided i *really* had to do something!

but by then i was just so embarrassed being in the gym... i could only last a few minutes on the treadmill, my gut bouncing all the time... and i was humiliated by how light the weights were that i could lift! i could barely do a push-up, and i couldn't even do a single sit-up!

so i hit that point psychologically them. now, almost 200 lbs heavier, i am pretty resigned to being fat, the point of no return is so long past!
10 months

Canuck:
i have written about this in previous threads, so i won't repeat it all... but there was a real moment of "no return" for me, too.

i had taken a conscious break from exercise and restraint, and was enjoying a life of excess with my girlfriend at that time. i was around 150 or 160 when we'd met, and i thought i would let myself get up to 200 and then lose the weight...

well, i overshot the mark a little, getting up to about 220 before going back to the gym. that lasted a few weeks, and i was over 250 by the time i decided i *really* had to do something!

but by then i was just so embarrassed being in the gym... i could only last a few minutes on the treadmill, my gut bouncing all the time... and i was humiliated by how light the weights were that i could lift! i could barely do a push-up, and i couldn't even do a single sit-up!

so i hit that point psychologically them. now, almost 200 lbs heavier, i am pretty resigned to being fat, the point of no return is so long past!

I have a feeling that if that happened to me (where I get fat and cannot lose the weight), I would also feel inclined to let go and get even more fat.
10 months

As i have said before your hubby is a very lucky man.Just enjoy being you the woman you have always wanted to be no one can judge you for being happy at last.
9 months

My point of no return was being around people who were fatter than me. I always felt out of place when we were out together. So now, I feel more comfortable being as fat as my friends.
3 months

My point of no return was before I even started properly gaining. I was already a bit chubby but I woke up one morning after a party and saw my belly was a little more bloated than usual and thought I looked really good with the extra weight.
3 months
12   loading