Fat experiences

Weight gain effect on job/career

Yes actually! I've been noticing it lately. I'm a Landscaper currently, which is very labor intensive. But I've gotten fatter just as much as I've gotten stronger, clients have made comments on my body, and co workers think I'm not strong. It's unfair. It kinda stings.
11 months

Yes.

In the 9 years I’ve worked there I’ve gained a lot of weight and to say it hasn’t effected my efficiency would be a lie, I still bust ass and do good work I just I know my limits. And people generally are understanding, but they always assume I’m lazier than I really am ie, shocked when I’m done with a project that involves a lot of walking and bending over, offering to do things that involve a lot of movement. And shocked when I’m not struggling in the heat.

I’m the only team member that’s allowed stretchy pants I found that one out that was a bit of a 😳
11 months

Blackjackandberries:
I'm a Landscaper currently.

Hey same! 😎
11 months

Towards the end of my enlistment in the military was gained about 30-40lbs and you could clearly see my uniforms getting snug and tight. It gotten to the point where I couldn't button the top button on my pants. At the point I really didn't care because I was getting out soon.

But the looks and comments I would get from fellow service members was crazy. People did treat me differently after packing on the pounds, I was even given a desk job and was less in the public eye because I didn't look healthy in uniform.

The military is very strict when it comes to fitness but after passing my last fitness test, I just let go until my last day.
11 months