Gaining

What's the best way to slow metabolism

I've always had a very fast metabolism so it's almost impossible for me to gain any tips
11 months

Yo yo dieting lol
11 months

Late night feedings.
11 months

Getting older...
11 months

Alcohol, stress, working 2nd/3rd shift, and not drinking water before bed.
10 months

I don’t know if it works by slowing metabolism or some other way, but I have a very fast metabolism too and the only thing that’s ever worked for me to gain weight and actually keep it on is 2 to 4 week periods of both daily stuffing and heavy cream. It’s usually very difficult for me and it’s hit or miss whether my guts put up with that long enough to see any results, but if I can push through and stick with it, my body’s set weight always seems to go up by a few pounds even if I go back to barely eating afterwards. Typically when I do that sort of cycle, I’ll gain 10-20 pounds and lose half of it afterwards, so it’s nothing too dramatic in the end… but if you struggle with gaining as much as I tend to, even that feels like a big victory.
10 months

Finickyfeedee:
I don’t know if it works by slowing metabolism or some other way, but I have a very fast metabolism too and the only thing that’s ever worked for me to gain weight and actually keep it on is 2 to 4 week periods of both daily stuffing and heavy cream. It’s usually very difficult for me and it’s hit or miss whether my guts put up with that long enough to see any results, but if I can push through and stick with it, my body’s set weight always seems to go up by a few pounds even if I go back to barely eating afterwards. Typically when I do that sort of cycle, I’ll gain 10-20 pounds and lose half of it afterwards, so it’s nothing too dramatic in the end… but if you struggle with gaining as much as I tend to, even that feels like a big victory.

DMVGrower:
Wow I am really sorry to hear this actually, can't imagine what it is like to have this gaining mindset and have it be torn down by your own body burning the fat.

Thanks, it’s a pain in the ass. Really, though, it isn’t losing the weight afterwards that bothers me so much as how hard it is to gain in the first place 😭 While I’d be happy to be heavier long-term, feeling myself growing bigger is what I enjoy the most, so having to do it all over again isn’t a big problem. Hitting an “eating more than 200 calories at a time is going to make you sick now” wall before I even manage to gain anything is what I really hate, but luckily it doesn’t happen EVERY time. It’s taken about 7 years, but I have managed to get my body’s set weight up from 90 pounds to 130 pounds.
10 months