Gaining

Keeping up motivation to gain

Anyone that's started to gain, how do you keep motivated to keep gaining? I know sometimes eating way more calories than you're used to can be tough and it can sometimes feel tedious trying to grow and while waiting on the results of overeating. What keeps people going or encourages them to 'step up' their gain and not give up or call it quits?
11 months

Although I'm considering trying to lose some weight now due to a desire to lose some visceral fat, there were some things I learned from a recent attempt which I plan to use in the future.

1) Keep things easy

When trying Double Cream milkshakes I grew tired of them in part thanks to the effort required with my glass blender. However I found that a 'healthy smoothie blender' was much easier to use/clean and made the experience much more enjoyable.

My air fryer also makes cooking easier thanks to shorter cooking times and the trays fit in the kitchen sink so they're easier to clean.

2) Don't over do it

When I tried forcing myself to eat more e.g. increased portion sizes, it just made myself uncomfortable. Instead I found a 'little and often' approach far more enjoyable and lead to an increased appetite over the weeks.
11 months

I don’t tend to enjoy eating, plus eating even a normal amount usually makes me feel sick afterwards which I don’t like, so when I’m trying to gain I have to lean very heavily on being turned on by the idea of gaining to stay motivated. Belly rubs, keeping close track of body changes, and weight gain encouragement audio all help me.
11 months

J8o8h8n:
What keeps people going or encourages them to 'step up' their gain and not give up or call it quits?

This is probably super-obvious, but never underestimate the influence and impact of a feeder/encourager (even just online). I got lucky and found a fantastically talented feeder I never even met irl. He had a way with words and encouragement that kept me motivated and pushing my limits when I was actively gaining. I learned to love consistently overeating and bingeing, and he really appreciated the results. He was directly responsible for at least a third of my 125 lb gain.
11 months