Lifestyle tips

Wanting to gain weight but not wanting to eat a lot

Aset213:
I can never really see myself eating a lot of food. It doesnt make sense as you can't do one without the other. I want to gain weight but you wouldn't catch me with a huge plate

Eat smaller, more frequent meals with lots of snacks. Weight gain doesn't mean you have to stuff yourself.
10 months

Aset213:
I can never really see myself eating a lot of food. It doesnt make sense as you can't do one without the other. I want to gain weight but you wouldn't catch me with a huge plate

Munchies:
Eat smaller, more frequent meals with lots of snacks. Weight gain doesn't mean you have to stuff yourself.

I strongly agree. In fact it took me a long time to start climbing because I ate so little at first. I have had anorexia much of my life and it became difficult to eat large meals in one sitting. I always felt on edge with any dish I pushed away.

As time went on this feeling disappeared and I was able to eat a little more each time.... Until today I can eat several pizzas without feeling trapped, haha. I also gained 14 kilos from last summer until now (which was when I got used to being full).

My advice is to trust the process.
10 months

What about gainer shakes or even just some heavy cream and/or ice cream before bed?
9 months

Dolkite:
What about gainer shakes or even just some heavy cream and/or ice cream before bed?

Ice cream before bed sounds divine (ice cream at anytime really) but it’s just fun to eat. I don’t think you really need gainer shakes unless you’re really struggling to put down a lot of calories
9 months

Aset213:

Munchies:

Drugsarefunny:
I strongly agree. In fact it took me a long time to start climbing because I ate so little at first. I have had anorexia much of my life and it became difficult to eat large meals in one sitting. I always felt on edge with any dish I pushed away.

As time went on this feeling disappeared and I was able to eat a little more each time.... Until today I can eat several pizzas without feeling trapped, haha. I also gained 14 kilos from last summer until now (which was when I got used to being full).

Great advice! If you want to get fat in steady pace, just add more snacks throughout the day. I was skinny guy most of my life until recently. Now I’m gaining weight pretty fast, and it’s happened only in the last three years.

If you want to balloon yourself really fast, eating a lot of ice creams and fast food throughout the day and adding heavy creams to your coffees will make you fat in no time 🤷🏻‍♂️ but you feel full and uncomfortable sometimes, due to this rapid changes. It’s really depends on you.
9 months

Aset213:

Munchies:

Drugsarefunny:

MottiF:
Great advice! If you want to get fat in steady pace, just add more snacks throughout the day. I was skinny guy most of my life until recently. Now I’m gaining weight pretty fast, and it’s happened only in the last three years.

If you want to balloon yourself really fast, eating a lot of ice creams and fast food throughout the day and adding heavy creams to your coffees will make you fat in no time 🤷🏻‍♂️ but you feel full and uncomfortable sometimes, due to this rapid changes. It’s really depends on you.

Yeah, I had some similar issues with not being able to eat too much, but over the course of my current weight gain/stuffing challenge, I've swapped to a mostly fast food diet, added milkshakes and Frappes wherever I can, and make sure I push myself to eat a bit more than I normally would for some of my meals. So far I've packed on about 12 pounds and I find that I'm getting much stronger hunger pangs and crave more fattening foods. If you keep at it for a little while, even if it's a bit uncomfortable at first, you'll train your body and eventually it becomes sort of a gaining "autopilot."

I was planning on easing off a bit today after over 6000 calories yesterday, and I'm getting ready to eat almost 1/3 of a leftover pizza and I'm thinking about getting an almost 3000 calorie dinner after work from McDonald's.
9 months