General

Big bellies a sign of power?

Strongerthanyou:
It's definitely a sign of submission in my eyes... Don't see how a round soft tire of around your waist can be perceived as powerful

Munchies:
It really depends. For some, being big means being powerful. They get to literally throw their weight around. Have you ever heard of squashing? It's a kink where someone bigger than you crushes you under their weight. You see it more on Dimensions than on FF.

Then you have dominant feedees with submissive feeders. The feeders wait on the feedee hand and foot while the feedee indulges as much as they want.

Hurgon:
Definitely.

It was often a sign of wealth too - access to more and better food, no need to do the physical labour, etc. I don't know whether this is still the case in some cultures and parts of the world. A lot of portraits from the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries draw attention to the swell and straining buttons around the subject's paunch.

Tentacles:
I do wonder if some women see their hubbies having big paunch as complimentary to their cooking.

As a woman living in the American South, I can vouch for that being a thing.
10 months

Strongerthanyou:
It's definitely a sign of submission in my eyes... Don't see how a round soft tire of around your waist can be perceived as powerful

Munchies:
It really depends. For some, being big means being powerful. They get to literally throw their weight around. Have you ever heard of squashing? It's a kink where someone bigger than you crushes you under their weight. You see it more on Dimensions than on FF.

Then you have dominant feedees with submissive feeders. The feeders wait on the feedee hand and foot while the feedee indulges as much as they want.

Hurgon:
Definitely.

It was often a sign of wealth too - access to more and better food, no need to do the physical labour, etc. I don't know whether this is still the case in some cultures and parts of the world. A lot of portraits from the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries draw attention to the swell and straining buttons around the subject's paunch.

Tentacles:
I do wonder if some women see their hubbies having big paunch as complimentary to their cooking.

Munchies:

Tentacles:
See in some ways it's weirder when it's people outside our fetish who act like this.

Not really. Cooking for people is basically a love language. So it makes sense to be happy that your spouse loves your cooking and wears your efforts around their middle. And you also have to admit it feels good to know someone loves you enough to make you lots of delicious things to eat.
10 months

In Mauritania

www.marieclaire.com/politics/news/a3513/forcefeeding-in-mauritania/

10 months

[quote]Wolffeeder:
In Mauritania

]www.marieclaire.com/politics/news/a3513/forcefeeding-in-mauritania/

I am not a fan of this situation. Unlike the Bodi tribe situation, the situation in Mauritania is just abusive.

When the Bodi men get fat, it's as a way to get power. However, the Mauritanian women are forced to get fat. They subject their girls to inhumane torture to gain weight because of misogynistic reasons. There is a reason why the government outlawed the practice.

Their bellies are not a sign of power but rather a sign of submission to men. Their situation isn't comparable to the Bodi tribe.
10 months

Strongerthanyou:

Munchies:

Hurgon:
Definitely.

Tentacles:

Munchies:

FordB:
As a man living in the American South I can vouch that there are a lot of people that treat it that way. And the amount of women I had overheard talking about their husband getting fatter after marriage and thinking it is cute is even more hilarious.

Tentacles:
How often are these women fat themselves? Considering its the south of the USA I guess most.

Something to keep in mind is that Southern men will keep their wives fed too. I know husbands that will regularly cook for their wives or buy them meals/treats. It's cute.
10 months

Strongerthanyou:

Munchies:

Hurgon:
Definitely.

Tentacles:

Munchies:

FordB:
As a man living in the American South I can vouch that there are a lot of people that treat it that way. And the amount of women I had overheard talking about their husband getting fatter after marriage and thinking it is cute is even more hilarious.

Tentacles:
How often are these women fat themselves? Considering its the south of the USA I guess most.

Munchies:
Something to keep in mind is that Southern men will keep their wives fed too. I know husbands that will regularly cook for their wives or buy them meals/treats. It's cute.

Tentacles:
See with the Bodi example there seem to be no images of fat Bodi women all seem to look very slim.

Yes, because the Bodi men equate fatness with power. They expect their women to be subservient to their men, so they need to remain slim.

It's not great.
10 months

Strongerthanyou:

Munchies:

Hurgon:
Definitely.

Tentacles:

Munchies:

FordB:

Tentacles:

Munchies:

Tentacles:
See with the Bodi example there seem to be no images of fat Bodi women all seem to look very slim.

Munchies:
Yes, because the Bodi men equate fatness with power. They expect their women to be subservient to their men, so they need to remain slim.

It's not great.

Tentacles:
Isn't some of it seem to be to impress the women though? It is said to be whats considered to be attractive.

The issue isn't so much the men are fat and the women are not. The problem is about the power imbalances that comes with the societal expectations.

It's patriarchy pure and simple.
10 months

Strongerthanyou:

I agree
10 months

Strongerthanyou:
a big soft round belly means I have the power to make you feed me
10 months

The thing is, nothing is inherently dominant or submissive. It all comes down to how you frame things. Even being muscular isn't inherently dominant (e.g. servants).
10 months
1234   loading