General

Big bellies a sign of power?

Bellyempire:
I see big bellies as powerful.

A little background that may support this I do have a vore fetish which inherently sees the belly a source of power and control.

Bellies in terms of women they have the ability to create and carry life which is a very powerful act. plus a big one can be so intimidating.

I do see the argument for them being a source of submission as well. In terms of dating i have always seen a womans belly as my playground. My responsibility to fill with food rub and enjoy. Nothing like being told by someone that their belly is all mine.

Tentacles:
Di you see big butts and big boobs in a similar way?

Bellyempire:
Do you mean in terms of it being powerful or being territorial over it. While i do enjoy butts and boobs the way i see bellies is different. I dont see a big butt as being powerful. i love big butts but i dont see it as powerful. boobs i see as more powerful but not on the level of a belly.

in terms of territorial and wanting to be told its mine maybe a big butt but not on the level of a big belly.

Tentacles:
Definitely mainly meant the power. Interesting that you see both boobs and belly as more powerful than butts. A large butt can indicate literal physical strength. But a swollen belly is obviously the strongest symbol of indulgence there is. No other body part gets bigger immediately after eating probably why it seems such a strong obsession in our community.

yes i guess i look at it more of a vore frame of reference
10 months

Munchies:
The thing is, nothing is inherently dominant or submissive. It all comes down to how you frame things. Even being muscular isn't inherently dominant (e.g. servants).

Tentacles:
Being seen as a sign of power is also not always the same as being viewed positively. Satirical cartoons are a good example of this.

I was talking in the context of kink. In this specific situation, I'd assume everything is safe, sane, and consensual instead of being in an abusive situation.

If we are talking about outside of kinks and fetishes, there's a laundry list of example of people in all shapes and sizes abusing their authority or not being well liked.
10 months

To me my belly is a reflection of my self acceptance and ultimately an expression of my gluttony, I don’t really feel the need to be an obnoxious “big man” anymore, it helps that I’m literally the biggest man in most rooms, awkward when I outweigh a man who towers over me however lol
10 months

I see big bellies/fat as the body's natural way of saying "I am successful". Think food as money.
10 months

Strongerthanyou:
It's definitely a sign of submission in my eyes... Don't see how a round soft tire of around your waist can be perceived as powerful

Munchies:
It really depends. For some, being big means being powerful. They get to literally throw their weight around. Have you ever heard of squashing? It's a kink where someone bigger than you crushes you under their weight. You see it more on Dimensions than on FF.

Then you have dominant feedees with submissive feeders. The feeders wait on the feedee hand and foot while the feedee indulges as much as they want.

That's me! I love it when a partner is considerably slimmer than me, especially when they want me to squash them. I also like it when they're shorter than me- short kings, take note. I want to be large and in charge.

Not sure if I'll ever find a submissive feeder, since they seem to be even more rare than feeders in general. But that would be the dream. A feeder serving my every whim while I laze around and gorge myself.
10 months

Strongerthanyou:
It's definitely a sign of submission in my eyes... Don't see how a round soft tire of around your waist can be perceived as powerful

Munchies:
It really depends. For some, being big means being powerful. They get to literally throw their weight around. Have you ever heard of squashing? It's a kink where someone bigger than you crushes you under their weight. You see it more on Dimensions than on FF.

Then you have dominant feedees with submissive feeders. The feeders wait on the feedee hand and foot while the feedee indulges as much as they want.

Sweetfattie:
That's me! I love it when a partner is considerably slimmer than me, especially when they want me to squash them. I also like it when they're shorter than me- short kings, take note. I want to be large and in charge.

Not sure if I'll ever find a submissive feeder, since they seem to be even more rare than feeders in general. But that would be the dream. A feeder serving my every whim while I laze around and gorge myself.

I get you. Mind you, not all feeders are into d/s play, but it is more common to find dom(me) feeders than sub feeders. I've personally interacted with a handful, but they were all women. It seems easier to find a switch instead of someone who's strictly a sub.
10 months

Yes!! I appreciate the undercurrent of various power play dynamics that occurr within the feeder/feedee relationship.
10 months

Strongerthanyou:

Munchies:

Hurgon:
Definitely.

It was often a sign of wealth too - access to more and better food, no need to do the physical labour, etc. I don't know whether this is still the case in some cultures and parts of the world. A lot of portraits from the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries draw attention to the swell and straining buttons around the subject's paunch.

And this was during the time when women wore corsets for the skinniest waist possible. What a time for contrast!
10 months

Strongerthanyou:

Munchies:

Hurgon:
Definitely.

It was often a sign of wealth too - access to more and better food, no need to do the physical labour, etc. I don't know whether this is still the case in some cultures and parts of the world. A lot of portraits from the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries draw attention to the swell and straining buttons around the subject's paunch.

MrSlob1919:
And this was during the time when women wore corsets for the skinniest waist possible. What a time for contrast!

Except that's not true. Corsets are not girdles. They are undergarments. Yes, some corsets could reduce the waist size, but most people didn't use them in that way. Instead, a corset was pretty much an old-timey bra.

Instead, women would use things like strategically placed ruffles and poofy skirts to give themselves the illusion of having a specific body shape. Think big hips, a full bust, and a slim waist.

There's a YouTuber I like to watch sometimes called Bernadette Banner. She specializes in historical clothing and wears corsets on a day-to-day basis. I recommend looking at the videos below:

10 months

I think a big belly can be a show of power. You’ve decided to, and are happy with, being big and exude confidence about it. You eat what you want, deliberately take up more space and your size is an imposing presence to those around you. Hopefully someday I’ll be nice and obese and one of my turn ons to think about is being shirtless at the beach. Peeling my shirt off and walking down the beach with a jiggling, overfed gut that is hanging way over my swimsuit is just hot to think about. Especially with a pair of moobs that are bigger than most of the women there.

On the other hand if you have a dominant feeder, or even someone who loves you big it can be a deeply submissive act because to give them what they want you are literally changing your body forever for them. Getting their approval by growing your body to huge proportions is life changing. Especially since it’s very hard to revert back. It’s also a huge turn on to think that someday my SO might get into a conversation about me where she emphatically says that she wants me to be a big fat man, and other people thinking that she is in charge of me, and I will do whatever she wants,
9 months
1234   loading