General

Big bellies a sign of power?

MVP76:
[…] the undercurrent of various
power play dynamics
that occurr within the feeder/
feedee relationship

That little off-the-cuff blurb of yours is downright rappable, MVP…

…and I love the way you throw the Kanye West 'urr' in there to cinch the effect!

Bonus Track:

Kanye West - All Falls Down ft. Syleena Johnson

"Now, tell me that ain't insecurr
"The concept of school seems so securr
"Sophomore, three yurrs, ain't picked a carurr
"She like, "[…] I'll just stay down hurr and do hair""
7 months

I don't know about "power" in my case, but I definitely feel more confident. At 5'3", I'm usually the fattest (roundest) person in most rooms at 300; At 400, I overflow most chairs and have the biggest belly most people will see. And I like that. I like that I'm not easily jostled around or squeezed into a corner. I don't need to be dominant, but I also like not being invisible.
7 months

When I'm feeling extra big and chubby I tend to give my wife stronger hugs.

Not sure its quite the same thing but it feels like I have extra power.
7 months

It’s riches.
7 months

Cactusrager:
It’s riches.

A good point. They don't call them "fat cats" for nothing.
7 months

Back when monarchies Llanberis so on was the standard. The people with power and money being fat was a sine of status or power. Because you could afford it and had people to do the work for you. A fat commoner was not as common as it is in todays world.
7 months

ForeverFFA:
Historically, sure. But does anyone also agree that there's a new kind of countercultural power to not caring about being thin in the world we live in now?[/quote]

Yes, absolutely! To me my big fat belly represents my power to choose how to live my life, regardless of what “society” thinks I should do.
7 months
234   loading