Lifestyle tips

Exercise

Lifestyle tips are advice or suggestions that are designed to help improve your overall health and wellbeing. Examples of lifestyle tips can include maintaining a balanced diet, exercising regularly, getting adequate sleep, being mindful of stress levels, managing finances wisely, and engaging in meaningful activities.
10 months

Exercise

I love how OP asked for product recs and only two people gave product recs.

Truly iconic.
10 months

Exercise

Munchies:

Truly iconic.

Tbh your the one who works out, the most exercise some of us get is incendetal
10 months

Exercise

Munchies:

Truly iconic.

Morbidly A Beast:

I might be active, but I know I'm not the only one in this thread who's familiar with exercise products. In fact, iirc, you used to be a bit of a gym buff as well.

I am simply the most vocal about my fitness by virtue of being the most vocal on the forums — a bit of a spider georg situation if you will.
10 months

Exercise

Munchies:

Truly iconic.

Morbidly A Beast:

Munchies:
I might be active, but I know I'm not the only one in this thread who's familiar with exercise products. In fact, iirc, you used to be a bit of a gym buff as well.

I am simply the most vocal about my fitness by virtue of being the most vocal on the forums — a bit of a spider georg situation if you will.

You’re right I just can’t bring myself to recommend expensive equipment when it probably will just be used to hold laundry like what happened with mine in all my attempts to lose weight. Hince I recommended walking despite it not being physically demanding it will help you feel less out of shape. You could just walk around the apartment complex but then that would depend on where one lives
10 months

Exercise

Munchies:

Truly iconic.

Morbidly A Beast:

Munchies:

Morbidly A Beast:
You’re right I just can’t bring myself to recommend expensive equipment when it probably will just be used to hold laundry like what happened with mine in all my attempts to lose weight. Hince I recommended walking despite it not being physically demanding it will help you feel less out of shape. You could just walk around the apartment complex but then that would depend on where one lives

Fair. But exercise equipment doesn't need to be expensive. For example, resistance bands are dirt cheap.
10 months

Exercise

Gainerfeedee:
I'm looking for something like a treadmill or maybe a stationary bike for my apartment. I still want to keep gaining, so I'd like one that goes up to at least 400 lbs, preferably more but above that you get really expensive afaik.

Does anyone have any product recommendations?

Hey! To get back to your point:

If you're looking for in-home equipment, you'll likely have to drop big cash for something that can hold your weight. If you're willing to spend about a grand you can easily find something that suits you. Keep in mind that it's not just the equipment but also form and correct wear for using them. EG if you invest in a treadmill you will need quality running shoes fitted for your gait and foot orientation (Even if you just walk, trust me!). If you get a bike, shorts and clips are a godsend. etc.

If budget is a concern, most affordable home-friendly products that are budget-conscious generally have a 250-300lb weight limit and it's not worth the gamble of injuring yourself. So if you're still in the weight limit range of those products, it would be fine to get them now to keep yourself in shape, develop form and habit, but be aware you will have to upgrade in the future.

Honestly and truly my best advice is to consult with a trainer. Book them for a few sessions. Take the time to find one that does *not* do weight management (you may even have to go to tiktok/instagram to find the HAES type trainers or search for recs there!). They will be the best suited to evaluate and advise you and you'd be surprised how affordable they can be! There are plenty that will work with you online if staying at home is your top priorty.

Last note about gyms - I know you know the option is there so I won't say much except that regarding the upgraded equipment I mentioned, that's often why people choose to pay for memberships even if they get roped in for a year contract. The equipment is insured, maintained, and built for heavy use and bodies and even a whole years' membership won't touch what even one of those machines cost. Heck if may be an option to try a few gyms out to see what kind of equipment they have so *you* know what to shop for to bring home. They're not all equal!
10 months

Exercise

I got my fiancé a recumbent bike for people up to 400lbs. He loves it.

www.amazon.com/Recumbent-Resistance-Stationary-Adjustable-Connectivity/dp/B08XBK75J5/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa
10 months
12   loading