Feedback and suggestions

Make pm not based on reads but on send messages also for chat

please let us screen people PMing and DMing us in chat.

I hate wasting all my chats on useless people who are either catfishes or "hi" messagers.

Allow us to vet people in chat too

the number of times i tired to hightlight the username just for it open and waste my DM again.

please fix it
9 months

Hi LydiaFatOtter,

Thanks for getting in touch about the chat private messages.

When we next get round to updating the chat we can certainly consider how the private chat limit works.

I understand it's not easy at the moment as you get a chat request and you open it without really knowing what the other person is going to say. If the chat partner is undesirable then it does feel like a wasted PM view.

It's a good idea and I will certainly highlight it with the site owner and see if this is a possibility.

In the meantime, when I use chat on my personal account. I don't accept private chat requests unless we have been speaking in the main chat rooms first. So this might be a good idea to weed out people as you can have a general chat before taking it private as a work around.

Thank you for your suggestion, please do keep them coming!

c00kie
FF Team
9 months

I was just thinking this same thing last night. It's really unfair given how the chat constantly shifts the user list that it's SO easy to mis-click and open a chat with someone you didn't want to talk to and/or is blocked and it still counts just by oepning it.

and the thing is that we've had this before. previous chat applications required explicit permission from the recipient to chat - they would sent a request that could be accepted or denied.
9 months

LoraDayton:
I was just thinking this same thing last night. It's really unfair given how the chat constantly shifts the user list that it's SO easy to mis-click and open a chat with someone you didn't want to talk to and/or is blocked and it still counts just by oepning it.

and the thing is that we've had this before. previous chat applications required explicit permission from the recipient to chat - they would sent a request that could be accepted or denied.

It's also really hard to read what little information we already have. The yellow highlight makes the username very difficult to read. All we can go off of is the demographic details and the profile picture.
9 months

yep, so then I have to go and look up their profile. and 83% of the time there is NO content.
9 months

Especially when we don't click on someone and chat magically pops up with like we have a private chat going on, when we don't. Like come on.
9 months