General

Feedism in movies

Enas:
That's wonderful, but it is revolved about love then!

Munchies:
That was an idea that I cooked up in like ... 5 minutes. I read a lot of romance, so romance comes naturally to me. But it doesn't have to be romance. In fact, if you scroll up a little ways, you will see some other themes I mentioned.

There are three main categories that media fall into regarding social impact: positive, negative, and neutral. Most things will fall into the neutral category. Why? Because most people use media as a form of escapism, and media companies want money. They do not want to alienate people from the movie because that means less money in their pockets.

With this in mind, you'll realize that most films with negative social impacts do not mean to be. A misogynistic movie is made because there were no diverse voices and no one realized something was misogynistic until the reviews rolled in. Production started years ago, so a line that was innocent at the time is now charged with meaning. And most common offender is that they tried to make a film with a positive social impact and messed it up.

Enas:
I kinda understand what you're trying to say but i whould look it from a different perspective
Yes, the people that work on a movie might want to have that, but profits come always before the positive impact, you can figure this out when in their effort to minimize costs the employers don't hire enough people to have all these different opinions that are needeed. And they often themselves have no idea about this because they're in business to make profit. Nothing else at all!

They often try to make it look like it has been made to have a positive impact, at times purely for marketing! It's no wonder they fail miserably!

Plus a loooooot of media get it completely wrong. In they hyperindividualistic enviroment (because that's what the world is, today) they "empower" people by abstracting them from... love! Empathy! All those thigns that you need to be mature to feel and understand! Those are seen as a weakness!! And what is seen powerful is not someone who has a lot of knowledge either! Instead if you're brute forcing in the dumbest way, now thats what real power is! Are we kidding??

Munchies:
Enas, when was the last time you actually paid attention to your surroundings? And what kind of movies have you been watching for the past 19 years of your life?

Buddy boy, you need to touch some grass. This take doesn't make sense even if you only watch popular movies.

You say you are getting into anarcho-communism, but I am not sure you really understand it. And this is coming from someone who regularly engages in all manner of leftist media.

I will leave it at that because I have no desire to discuss politics with you in any capacity.

It is very very subtle but i notice it all the time! Anyways, i really think i have to talk about this with other people to see what's going on, because it could be just my idea, but... Who whould ever care
8 months
234   loading