General

Boyfriend becoming hostile towards my weight gain

Miachu:
I don't believe it's cheating tbh, deep down I think he's just a little lost when it comes to the relationship and accepting change. I'm the first person he's dated after all. But I do feel he also doesn't know how to handle/accept a partners sexual preferences, and in all fairness to him. Wanting to get fat is something rather strange to people outside the community[/quote]

Strange or not you deserve respect, he is entitled to his personal preferences but that doesn't excuse being an ass about your weight. Depending on your height doesn't sound like you've even gained that much yet.

Pure speculation, but societal pressure alone could be causing some feelings of insecurity that he's not sure how to handle. Or won't allow himself to admit, and maybe authentically experience the plus sides to your new curves, causing this hostility.
In the end you need to be true to yourself and what makes you happy, if he is reacting this way now... How will he feel in another 10 20 or even 50 pounds?

Give him some time and space then if he can't have an open honest conversation about his feelings or how you both might reach a compromise... You sadly might need to cut your losses and move on. Best of luck.
8 months

here the thing you cant fix these now then drop him your weight will effect you for years or even your whole life.

Dating/gf/bf goal is lead to marriage long term. could you marry someone who dislike your body choices. if cute losses now or it will hurt decades later
8 months

LydiaFatOttter:
here the thing you cant fix these now then drop him your weight will effect you for years or even your whole life.

Dating/gf/bf goal is lead to marriage long term. could you marry someone who dislike your body choices. if cute losses now or it will hurt decades later

Very true

Atm I'm still giving him space so he can think about it ect. We have talked here and there, but i felt being separate for a while would do us both good for now.
8 months

Lynne841:
Strange or not you deserve respect, he is entitled to his personal preferences but that doesn't excuse being an ass about your weight. Depending on your height doesn't sound like you've even gained that much yet.

Pure speculation, but societal pressure alone could be causing some feelings of insecurity that he's not sure how to handle. Or won't allow himself to admit, and maybe authentically experience the plus sides to your new curves, causing this hostility.
In the end you need to be true to yourself and what makes you happy, if he is reacting this way now... How will he feel in another 10 20 or even 50 pounds?

Give him some time and space then if he can't have an open honest conversation about his feelings or how you both might reach a compromise... You sadly might need to cut your losses and move on. Best of luck.

Thank you

We've been dating since December last year, and since then I've put on 20-30 pounds probably already, or even more than that, I dont really keep track often haha. But I was already chubby when he first asked me out and then I told him about my kink ect. I still dont know whats happened with him recently, But things have definitely changed
8 months

I guess I should provide an update:

so me and my bf are having a mini break up for now basically.

We're going to continue to give each other space. And if he's willing, I'm open for getting back together fully with him

Just wanna say thanks to everyone for their kind words so far! it's been much appreciated
8 months

Miachu:

We're going to continue to give each other space. And if he's willing, I'm open for getting back together fully with him

Just wanna say thanks to everyone for their kind words so far! it's been much appreciated

Thanks to you. Hoping that opening to people it's helping you during this not so funny period
8 months

Miachu:

I'm sorry you're going through this. You don't deserve this.
8 months

Much love sweetheart. It gets greater later 💕
8 months

Thanks guys 🤍🤍🤍
8 months

Miachu:
Thanks guys 🤍🤍🤍

Anytime. Just focus on loving yourself during this time. Remember that this isn't your fault. You are not unreasonable to expect basic respect from anyone.
8 months
23456   loading