Fat experiences

So i feel my tummy is getting bigger my weight on scale is going up

I've got more stretch marks, and I feel my tummy is getting bigger. I feel softer, but I've been at 275 for the last few months.

My scale doesn't go higher, but I look fatter when I look in the mirror.
8 months

LydiaFatOttter:
I've got more stretch marks, and I feel my tummy is getting bigger. I feel softer, but I've been at 275 for the last few months.

If you consider the properties of fat, this makes perfect sense. Fat isn't very dense. So you need a lot of that to gain just one pound. Compare this to muscle which is much denser. You don't need much of it to gain one pound.

Here's a picture to better visualize what I'm talking about:

8 months

but what i mean is ive been at 270lbs yet i keep getting bigger.

i dont think im losing muscle tho
8 months

LydiaFatOttter:
but what i mean is ive been at 270lbs yet i keep getting bigger.

i dont think im losing muscle tho

Seeing as I don't know you, it's hard to say. Muscular atrophy takes a while to set in provided that you are otherwise healthy. It is possible that you're gains are just fat gains. And like I said before, you need a good deal of fat to gain even one pound. So it's normal to see yourself get bigger without the scale reflecting this.

On the other hand, if you've been sedentary for a while, it's not uncommon to lose some muscle mass. It takes about 3 weeks of inactivity for muscular atrophy to set in. In you aren't keeping up with your fitness and/or have a low-protein diet, you might be losing muscle mass at a similar rate to gaining fat.
8 months

LydiaFatOttter:

I have experienced very similar changes despite my weight staying exactly the same for most the past year or so. Like a delayed gain months after I initially hit 270+ but scale didn't budge. Guessing my body just took a bit longer to accumulate\distribute the fat I'd gained. Tape measure confirmed and marked another notch, belly sagged a bit more too.

Now a recent fluctuation has changed shape and much softer (consistency) now jello. Lost about 8 to 11 pounds from April to June and noticed my belly hung a little more, deflated like. Had multiple people mention it looked like I'd actually gained a little weight, asked my best friend and sister outright opinions. Was down about 9 pounds then. Both confirmed I looked softer and that belly droop more.

Been working hard to get back over 270 past month or so. Now 272 and belly is not quite the same compared to this spring. Softer, wobbly and sways a little when I walk now. Also have a ton fresh stretch marks despite gaining back weight accidently lost. Just my experience.
8 months

When you lose and gain weight and gain more again after you tend to soften up a bit I probably something to do with skin elasticity
8 months