Gaining

To yo-yo or just stay fat

I am a life long yo-yo dieter. I was as high as 258 and as low as 155. Right now I am in an upswing, currently at 205 (from 194). When I lose weight I intend to keep it off. Then don't. I know being fat can be unhealthy, but constantly yo-yoing is worse. Should I just give in and stay fat? I mean I'm gonna get fat again anyways. I love it too much not to.
8 months

Only you know the answer I suppose.

It will get harder to lose the weight as you get older. I've tried losing a bit recently and its a lot harder than it was a few years ago.
8 months

Jd00723:

It will get harder to lose the weight as you get older. I've tried losing a bit recently and its a lot harder than it was a few years ago.

I did find it harder to lose this last time. Even with excercising more than I ever have.

And this 11lbs I've gained back (so far!) have come on pretty fast. Usually my gains are fast at the start then level off for a bit then eventually I lose. If I just give in and get fat forever, I should probably change my strategy. i.e. not gain as quickly. What is the best way to gain like 10lbs a year? Instead of 30-40lbs in a matter of months.
8 months

Jd00723:

NoMoYoYo:
I did find it harder to lose this last time. Even with excercising more than I ever have.

And this 11lbs I've gained back (so far!) have come on pretty fast. Usually my gains are fast at the start then level off for a bit then eventually I lose. If I just give in and get fat forever, I should probably change my strategy. i.e. not gain as quickly. What is the best way to gain like 10lbs a year? Instead of 30-40lbs in a matter of months.

You need to eat a high calories yet clean diet. Don't stuff your face all the time, but eat enjoy your snacks, occasional big meal, and small deserts. Don't forget to do some light exercise.
8 months

Jd00723:

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:
You need to eat a high calories yet clean diet. Don't stuff your face all the time, but eat enjoy your snacks, occasional big meal, and small deserts. Don't forget to do some light exercise.

This makes a lot of sense. I have to find a way to get my head in the right place. Like I said, when I gain, I GAIN! I eat a lot of fast food and other junk food at home. I know this is unhealthy, but I love it. I'm in this reckless phase right now. I have to slow down. I can get to my new high and hopefully beyond. I'd like to think I'm in no rush, but the thought of being the fattest I've ever been, wants me to get there faster. This is the constant loop I'm in. And probably why I tend to yo-yo.
8 months

I'm in a similar situation with the yo-yo just the weight difference is only 40lbs~. I'm actually now at my lowest weight (176)since high school 10 years ago. When i was at my highest 215 I was struggling to gain more weight so I got discouraged and lost it. One advantage I noticed of the yoyo for me is that it's made it easier to gain each time.

So now I'm waiting to do a big race in about a month then ill start getting fat again and hopefully stay fat.
8 months

I'm in a similar situation with the yo-yo just the weight difference is only 40lbs~. I'm actually now at my lowest weight (176)since high school 10 years ago. When i was at my highest 215 I was struggling to gain more weight so I got discouraged and lost it. One advantage I noticed of the yoyo for me is that it's made it easier to gain each time.

So now I'm waiting to do a big race in about a month then ill start getting fat again and hopefully stay fat.
8 months

Neonlemonforce:

Good luck and enjoy it!

I've never really planned ahead to gain. Usually I will lose weight by eating well then I'll have something not as good. Then two things then three etc. Then it snowballs and I'm like okay I guess I'm gaining again. Then it becomes more planned, but it never starts that way. Just my body saying "Hey remember this food? Yeah you do! Eat it, eat lots of it, get fat".
8 months