Fat experiences

Does gaining make you hungrier?

NoMoYoYo:
I'll admit I haven't done much exercise at all since starting this gain. I go on short walks and took my kids swimming twice but thats about it. I haven't touched a weight or other strength training since the beginning of July.

Munchies:
I would get back into it. Depending on how you go about things, you won't lose weight by exercising. If anything, it will allow you to be more comfortable as you gain weight.

NoMoYoYo:
As I've mentioned in other topics, I love how soft this gain has been. I want to gain even more softness. In my belly, in my chest. I want to be squishy and jiggly. Could strength training affect that?

Munchies:
Unless you are putting in the work to make serious muscle gains, it will not. If anything, it will help you in your goal to be squishy.

Your body burns visceral fat (the hard fat surrounding your organs) before it burns subcutaneous fat (the squishy fat under your skin). So if you do light-to moderate strength training and cardio, it will help you to be softer than if you didn't exercise at all. You just have to keep up your calorie intake.

NoMoYoYo:
Ahh interesting. Well, I'm sure the calories won't be a problem. I eat a lot lol. I am going to try the month-long weaning you wrote about cause I need to slow down. I have some of my old bigger clothes, but I had to buy a bit more so I'm not wearing the same three or four things.

Great discussion here. I want to add that my experience has been exactly how Munchies has described. I finally got back into working out this year and the only thing that’s happened is that I gained 5 pounds. But I feel better, have more energy and I’m generally much happier. Eating healthier and exercising doesn’t mean giving up on gaining. If anything, I think a weight training diet and low impact cardio can help with making the numbers on the scale increase.
7 months

NoMoYoYo:
I'll admit I haven't done much exercise at all since starting this gain. I go on short walks and took my kids swimming twice but thats about it. I haven't touched a weight or other strength training since the beginning of July.

Munchies:
I would get back into it. Depending on how you go about things, you won't lose weight by exercising. If anything, it will allow you to be more comfortable as you gain weight.

NoMoYoYo:
As I've mentioned in other topics, I love how soft this gain has been. I want to gain even more softness. In my belly, in my chest. I want to be squishy and jiggly. Could strength training affect that?

Munchies:
Unless you are putting in the work to make serious muscle gains, it will not. If anything, it will help you in your goal to be squishy.

Your body burns visceral fat (the hard fat surrounding your organs) before it burns subcutaneous fat (the squishy fat under your skin). So if you do light-to moderate strength training and cardio, it will help you to be softer than if you didn't exercise at all. You just have to keep up your calorie intake.

NoMoYoYo:
Ahh interesting. Well, I'm sure the calories won't be a problem. I eat a lot lol. I am going to try the month-long weaning you wrote about cause I need to slow down. I have some of my old bigger clothes, but I had to buy a bit more so I'm not wearing the same three or four things.

Bills225:
Great discussion here. I want to add that my experience has been exactly how Munchies has described. I finally got back into working out this year and the only thing that’s happened is that I gained 5 pounds. But I feel better, have more energy and I’m generally much happier. Eating healthier and exercising doesn’t mean giving up on gaining. If anything, I think a weight training diet and low impact cardio can help with making the numbers on the scale increase.

That makes me happy to hear.

Conventional wisdom in feedist circles is to be as sedentary as possible to promote weight gain. While I won't deny a sedentary lifestyle helps you get fat, it also prevents you from enjoying things you used to enjoy.

When I first joined FF, I saw a lot of posts talking about making sacrifices to get bigger. And while you do need to give up some things once you hit a certain size, I don't think you need to make yourself so out of shape you can't enjoy life outside of feedism anymore.

I've spoken to a number of feedees between 150 - 300 lbs who are too out of shape to do much more than laze around and eat. Meanwhile, there are plenty of feedees who are in decent shape. There might be some things that they are too heavy to do, but they are still able to enjoy most things.

If you enjoy being out of shape, then more power to you. Let your freak flag fly. But if you don't enjoy it, just know you have other options.
7 months

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:

NoMoYoYo:

Bills225:

Munchies:
That makes me happy to hear.

Conventional wisdom in feedist circles is to be as sedentary as possible to promote weight gain. While I won't deny a sedentary lifestyle helps you get fat, it also prevents you from enjoying things you used to enjoy.

When I first joined FF, I saw a lot of posts talking about making sacrifices to get bigger. And while you do need to give up some things once you hit a certain size, I don't think you need to make yourself so out of shape you can't enjoy life outside of feedism anymore.

I've spoken to a number of feedees between 150 - 300 lbs who are too out of shape to do much more than laze around and eat. Meanwhile, there are plenty of feedees who are in decent shape. There might be some things that they are too heavy to do, but they are still able to enjoy most things.

If you enjoy being out of shape, then more power to you. Let your freak flag fly. But if you don't enjoy it, just know you have other options.

I am having a lot of trouble getting started on excercises...and still eating a ton. This despite reading these excellent posts, and others, recommending it. Having said that, I'm not completely sedentary.

I haven't gotten on the scale (doing it on the 1st every month), but I'm preeeetttty sure Its going to be more than I was hoping to if I succeeded in slowing down.
7 months

NoMoYoYo:
I am having a lot of trouble getting started on excercises...and still eating a ton. This despite reading these excellent posts, and others, recommending it. Having said that, I'm not completely sedentary.

I haven't gotten on the scale (doing it on the 1st every month), but I'm preeeetttty sure Its going to be more than I was hoping to if I succeeded in slowing down.

If you have trouble getting into it, the don't do it alone. You have kids, right? Do something fun and active with the.. that counts for exercise.
7 months

Likesmenwithsoftbellies:
Iv'e definitely been turned on by a friend's softness lately, around his jaw/face and the tiniest pooch in a tee shirt that's actually happened pretty rapidly. But the BIGGEST difference I've noticed is he seems to be ravenous, ready for one meal barely a couple of hours after the last. And this latter thing is what is turning me on even more, especially when his stomach growled the other day!

Yeah, it’s an endless circle. Once you eat more and started to gain much weight, your stomach capacity increases and then you can eat even more easily, you are not satisfied anymore with your previous normal eating habits so you need to eat more just not to feel hungry, you eating much more and from there you becoming fatter, and then your belly expands as your eating habits has changed. You keep gaining weight but now it’s happening faster and easier then before. It will be a lot harder to stay slim.

Welcome to fatland.
7 months

NoMoYoYo:

Munchies:
If you have trouble getting into it, the don't do it alone. You have kids, right? Do something fun and active with the.. that counts for exercise.

They are basically why I'm not completely sedentary! I just am having trouble getting motivates to add the extra stuff like lifting weights. Plus I'm still not eating as great as I should. It is better than it was but not where it should be.
7 months

That's my wife!
The more she eats, the fatter she gets, and the hungrier she gets, in a growing cycle of weight gain.
And she knows this and doesn't care because she likes it and has a boy in her life who supports her. Sometimes literally because she gets stuck in the tub or needs some help getting up from bed at her size.
3 months

The idea that stomachs get stretched out is absolutely accurate. During my most intense gaining periods, where I would put on 10 pounds a week, I would have minimum 12,000 to 15,000 calorie days every day. When I started doing 20,000 and more during intense stuffings, I'd feel empty on the 12,000 calorie days.

Gosh, I miss those times, now that I'm not actively gaining! There's nothing like having a tight belly so packed with food, your breathing is shallow and your belly button feels like it is pulling. Those were the days!
3 months

It’s not so much that your hungry too but the amount of food it takes to feel truly full increases. There is no such thing as a small snack from McDonald’s to ride you over, it’s a whole ass large meal at least before dinner because you can’t wait the 30 min cook time, then having dinner and still not feeling truly full
3 months
123   loading