Fat experiences

Worst thing said to you at a doctors office

"you are not the same person I saw to years ago" was said to me at my last appointment

Tough to take
8 months

I hadn’t had health insurance for years so I never went to the doctor along the way, so to speak… now that I have insurance I’ve been going and they didn’t say anything other than a concern for my weight I think they just assumed I was always fat.
8 months

that my blood was like pancake batter due to high cholesterol n my triglycerides were way to high...yet my family is way worse then a doc
8 months

LuvsChub04:
that my blood was like pancake batter due to high cholesterol n my triglycerides were way to high...yet my family is way worse then a doc

While your doctor's bedside manner is trash, you might want to reevaluate your gaining techniques. There's nothing like having a terrible diet to cap your gains.

Why weigh 200 lbs and feel sick when you can weigh 300 lbs amd feel fine?
8 months

LuvsChub04:

Munchies:
While your doctor's bedside manner is trash, you might want to reevaluate your gaining techniques. There's nothing like having a terrible diet to cap your gains.

I honestly don't feel sick, just a tad sluggish lately
8 months

LuvsChub04:

Munchies:

LuvsChub04:
I honestly don't feel sick, just a tad sluggish lately

Yeah, that's how it starts. You're still in the early stages, so you can easily turn things around. If you don't, it'll get worse. I've seen it happen so many times.

You are taller than me, but not nearly as heavy. I understand we have widely different body compositions, but you shouldn't be feeling lethargic when you are this light. If you don't choose a different method, 200 lbs is going to kick your ass.
8 months

That what makes me happy, is going to kill me.
8 months

LuvsChub04:

Just keep it mind that some people are genetically predisposed to stuff like diabetes, high blood pressure, and bad cholesterol and weight gain can just act as a catalyst rather than the culprit.
8 months

LuvsChub04:

Morbidly A Beast:
Just keep it mind that some people are genetically predisposed to stuff like diabetes, high blood pressure, and bad cholesterol and weight gain can just act as a catalyst rather than the culprit.

ForeverFFA:
Very true, and while specific dietary choices play a role, I think each individual person needs to evaluate their unique risks when it comes to gaining. Some people simply are healthier at higher weights than others (and vice versa). Maybe this sounds too preachy, but I really hope that intentional weight gain is not a decision that anyone is taking lightly. At the same time, it makes me angry to hear how dehumanizing doctors can be about this stuff.

It's awful. Few things make me quite as mad as medical bigotry. A fatphobic doctor is often a lazy doctor. Any ailment their patient as is usually blamed on their fatness. This often leads to them overlooking other issues their patient might have.

I remember last winter, my partner had a severe headache. Lasted for several days. His doctor blamed his weight as he was pushing 500 lbs at the time.

Both my partner and I knew that was a load of crap, so he got a second opinion. Turns out that he needed a root canal.
8 months

I’ve gotten extremely lucky from the sounds of it the most I got was concern for my weight but I was otherwise healthy in all my tests. Probably helps that I remain very active like more than you’d expect for someone my weight for my job, and I have only been to the doctor a handful of times had I been seeing that doctor since I was young I’m sure I would have gotten a earful.

It’s sucks that there’s doctors perfectly willing to put their patients at risk just because of their bias.
8 months
123   loading