Gaining

Stretch marks

Over the years I've gotten stretch marks. I haven't gotten any in this gain, but I have noticed that old ones are more visible. Is this common? Is it a sign more are coming?
8 months

Stretch marks

It’s basically all your skin elasticity. Sometimes you gain sometimes you lose causing your skin to loosens. This happens in bigger people you just gain/lose over a long period of time. Sometimes you stretch out your skin so much over such a short period of time the skin stretches to such an extent it “breaks” causing bigger stretch marks, but if you’re losing and gaining a lot your skin is going to have more elasticity
8 months

Stretch marks

Ex Jock:
Dumb question, but can you feel it when it happens? I know some people describe them as “itchy” but is the red mark an instantaneous thing or over time forms and darkens/deepens? Like could one pop up mid stuffing?

I’m sure you probably could with enough stuffing but I don’t think they are anymore prone to be itchy than say a really old scar just areas that are more sensitive to dryness
8 months

Stretch marks

Ex Jock:
Dumb question, but can you feel it when it happens? I know some people describe them as “itchy” but is the red mark an instantaneous thing or over time forms and darkens/deepens? Like could one pop up mid stuffing?

I had a few from when I gained last year. I didn't even realize they happened, just very subtlety appeared. Itchiness may come if you gain real quickly, but otherwise you don't feel it.
8 months

Stretch marks

Morbidly A Beast:
It’s basically all your skin elasticity. Sometimes you gain sometimes you lose causing your skin to loosens. This happens in bigger people you just gain/lose over a long period of time. Sometimes you stretch out your skin so much over such a short period of time the skin stretches to such an extent it “breaks” causing bigger stretch marks, but if you’re losing and gaining a lot your skin is going to have more elasticity

I am certainly softer this gain (when not stuffed silly). My belly seems bigger than when I used to be at this weight. I was pleasantly surprised to see the older stretch marks become highlighted. I am trying to slow things down...but no luck so far. The day started off well. Had a big, healthy breakfast...then wound up at Wendy's for lunch. Sitting at 3000 calories for the day and its just past lunch. Perhaps there will be new stretch marks soon.
8 months

Stretch marks

Well, it's happened. I have new stretch marks.

I was noticing my belly was feeling quite itchy tonight so I took a look and there they were.

None are the large stripe types. They are more like dots. I count 4, maybe 5 of them. All but 1 are "extensions" of previous marks.

I don't know if they'll grow further or if there will be any more of them, but I guess I haven't done a great job of slowing down this gain. It's still surprising they're appearing.
6 months