Lifestyle tips

Gaining, avoiding metabolic disorders

Hey all. So,

A few notes before we begin.

This is NOT medical advice. I am NOT a medical professional. This is my very limited understanding as a medical and nutritional OUTSIDER. I took high school and college biology and basically didn't learn any of this crap in school. This is all Google scholarship. If you have medical concerns, do studious research. Visit the NCBI website, read studies, talk to your doctor, talk to people with the issues I will discuss. Don't make life decisions based on this post. Use this as a jumping-point to further your understanding of the human body.

THAT BEING SAID,

I've been into stuffing and weight gain since I can remember, yada yada, whatever. I'm not a poser, and I am absolutely not here to tell people how to live their life. I respect the community, and I believe I'm generally understanding. Additionally, the goal of this is to **optimize** weight-gain and longevity. I'm here for a good time and a long time.

Please don't take this post the wrong way, and let's keep this an open discussion. Let me know if I was insensitive!

After a bit of scrolling and googling, I found basically no resources on the topic of """healthy""" fat gain through the lens of fetish gainers. I'm not a health expert, but I know TO MY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE there's three main categories of """health""" that can get messed up by gaining:

1.) Blood lipids. Having high blood lipids may increase your risk for heart attack or stroke, and does have a proven genetic component to this. Generally a long-term concern as opposed to an acute issue. Conflicting research nowadays about which kind of blood lipid is actually harmful, and even if it actually is. I had high blood lipids, I got them under control, but may have to slow down the gain.

2.) Blood glucose. I don't know too much about endocrinology, but I know a few things- your body is supposed to maintain blood sugar within a certain range, and beta cell (special cells in your pancreas that make natural insulin) can be damaged by forcing your body to make too much too frequently. SECONDLY, insulin resistance, is a status in which your cells partially or near completely stop responding to insulin, natural or injected. Diabetes may be indicated through elevated A1C (basically a blood test measuring your history of blood sugar values of the last three months), fasting blood sugar levels, or urine glucose levels. The key point is UNREGULATED diabetes (elevated blood sugar with insulin resistance/pancreas damage) causes damage to nearly every every system in your body, and every organ. No bueno

3.) Various organ damage due to food substances. This is the part I know the least about. What specifically is the threshold of liquids to optimize long-term kidney function, but to also practice chugging water for stomach size expansion? What about fatty liver? One thing I do know is visceral fat is bad, and is basically caused by fat gain without exercise (could be wrong?). Protein is not the fastest way to gain weight, and also puts stress on your kidneys in high volumes (how high?)

~~~

Now for the fun part.
4 basic macronutrients-

protein
carbs
fat
alcohol

FATS
Specifically with gaining weight in a """healthy""" manner, it seems to be somehow getting enough calories through """"""healthy"""""" fats such as fish, nuts avocados, and other various sources so that you can maximize the amount of fat you can metabolize without it raising your blood lipids. I think from my understanding you can eat way more calories of avocado than bacon, and the avocado will supposedly raise your blood lipids less??? Again, not medical advice, just conjecture based on googling.

CARBS
Carbs include fiber, non-matabolized sugar alcohols, kale, bread, corn, cereals, and oatmeal, and much much more. This one seems tricky. Carbs are the main macronutrient that raises blood glucose, which in excess can cause diabetes which in my understanding can quickly become an issue faster than high blood lipids. The trick initially seemed to be to just eat carb foods that are (relatively) calorie-dense but low on the glycemic index (measures how quickly blood sugar is affected by different kinds of carbs) like hummus and peas, but then that just increases your overall glycemic load!!! I feel stuck here. Beta-cell health is important, they are basically the sole producers of natural insulin in your body, and being of African, Native (Hispanic too), and other descents can predispose your beta cells to being- well, a bit beta, compared to European-descended people who's societies had bread and highly processed carbs introduced to them at a much earlier point in history (could be wrong).

PROTEINS
From what I understand, this is one of the worst ways to gain. Your body pisses out excess protein, and it's not really adapted to turning protein into blood sugar, ketones, or energy really. We're not cheetahs, protein is mainly for cell health and various bodily t
8 months

ALCOHOL
Alcohol usually lowers blood sugar (why, and also this is opposite in some individuals, but who and why??), but excess alcohol worsens liver function (eventually can lead to fatty liver) and can have brain damage in excess. Excess alcohol is well-studied, so this macronutrient has that plus. Alcohol makes you gain weight, many gainers know this.
8 months

But yea, that's my understanding. I'm always looking to further my understanding of the human body (especially in regards to this fetish, hehe) so just add to the thread if you have anything relevant smiley
8 months

But yea, that's my understanding. I'm always looking to further my understanding of the human body (especially in regards to this fetish, hehe) so just add to the thread if you have anything relevant smiley
8 months

Tudduogg:
ALCOHOL
Alcohol usually lowers blood sugar (why, and also this is opposite in some individuals, but who and why??), but excess alcohol worsens liver function (eventually can lead to fatty liver) and can have brain damage in excess. Excess alcohol is well-studied, so this macronutrient has that plus. Alcohol makes you gain weight, many gainers know this.

I can answer this.

Your liver releases glucose into the bloodstream to keep your blood glucose levels where they should be. However, when you drink alcohol, it stops doing this so it can process everything. In fact, drinking too much can cause low blood sugar.

Of course., not every alcoholic beverage is created equally. Many are chock full of carbs and sugar. Too much leads to high blood sugar.
8 months

Tudduogg:
1.) Blood lipids. Having high blood lipids may increase your risk for heart attack or stroke, and does have a proven genetic component to this. . . Conflicting research nowadays about which kind of blood lipid is actually harmful, and even if it actually is.

*Does increase your risk for heart attack and stroke.
*There is no conflict or debate on this. Elevated lipids in the blood is causally linked to atherosclerosis, literally priming you to have a heart attack or stroke. To say that "ehhh we don't really know if this is even bad or not" is among the grossest misinformation I've ever seen. Not sure the disclaimer gives you a free pass to be so wrong about something so serious.

Tudduogg:
One thing I do know is visceral fat is bad, and is basically caused by fat gain without exercise (could be wrong?).

Briefly stated, genetics and poor lifestyle both influence visceral fat gain. Men are more likely to gain visceral fat than women, and a diet high in refined sugars and bad fats is more likely to yield visceral fat. Other poor lifestyle choices/circumstances like smoking and lack of exercise and chronic stress will increase this, but aren't the main drivers.

Tudduogg:
I think from my understanding you can eat way more calories of avocado than bacon, and the avocado will supposedly raise your blood lipids less???

Different types of fat. Bacon is saturated fat, which should be limited. Plant sources of fats are unsaturated, and generally health-promoting.
8 months