General

Food getting more expensive

Enas:
Indeed, it's basic information i intended to say to everyone to check it out because very few people are in a position to actually realize what's going on!

It's like how the system crashes on 4 to 7 years on average, and media always pictures it like it was some externality which caused it! That the system is sensitive, not that it's unstable!

People have to learn about this!

Enas. Time and place. If you want to educate people on this, don't do it on a fetish website. Please and thank you.

You're in college. If this means so much to you, join or create a club.
8 months

It also doesn’t help that a ton of the worlds fertilizer comes from Russia and they’ve been under sanction for the better part of two years. Fertilizer has gotten really expensive as a result.
8 months

Fat On The Inside:
Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods overall, and it is probably my favorite food for gaining because I can eat multiple regular size jars a day. Mixing it with jelly is another classic calorie boost, of course. Adding butter, and oil to various things (I.e. vegetables, pasta, rice, etc.) also works well. I also like using lard whenever possible. I can pack it on very quickly when I want to 🙂

Not many use lard but it is fat in a jar. Can make any meal delicious. Lard butter shakes um yum!
8 months

So I can give a little guide to some ways to save while still gaining. I worked as a cook/chef for a decade and know how to cook pretty well.

So let’s get into some basics.

You need to work on pantry management whether that’s making a list of staples you wanna keep in hand or just knowing what you’d like to have. Then you need to keep those basics in stock so you know you can make a meal.

I always recommend rice, a few types of pasta, canned goods anything you like, eggs, butter, chicken and beef stock, a few fresh veggies you like, milk, cream, garlic, onion for sure, ground beef, and chicken. Plus make sure to have a decent spice cabinet.

Second is buying in bulk get a membership to Sam’s or Costco (sorry non US member's idk any equivalents). Get your meat in bulk and portion it out into baggies and freeze. Look at also getting pastas, rices, and other non spoiling things you can hear if it lasts a bit getting it I bill saves money in the long run.

Thirdly cook at hope learn to cook if you don’t know how use YouTube, google, or anything really. Buy a rice cooker doesn’t have to be fancy but they can be moderately priced and save a lot of energy and effort. Get a few pots and pans I recommend a stock pot, a good skillet, a decent frying pan, and two sauce pans of different sized like 4qt and 6qt. Get a decent cutting board and knife and learn how to safely use it watch a video.

That’s about it if you have any questions feel free to ask.
8 months

Fat On The Inside:
Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods overall, and it is probably my favorite food for gaining because I can eat multiple regular size jars a day. Mixing it with jelly is another classic calorie boost, of course. Adding butter, and oil to various things (I.e. vegetables, pasta, rice, etc.) also works well. I also like using lard whenever possible. I can pack it on very quickly when I want to 🙂

2seatsalways:
Not many use lard but it is fat in a jar. Can make any meal delicious. Lard butter shakes um yum!

There are a few reasons why. That said, I want to clarify something first.

If you are making your own lard (rendered pig fat), it has a number of health benefits. It's chock full of vitamins like Vitamin D, monounsaturated fats, omega-6 fatty acids, and a laundry list of other things. It's better for you than butter.

thriftyhomesteader.com/whats-so-bad-about-lard/

Most lard is hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated to make it more shelf-stable. This offsets any health benefits that you would otherwise get from it. Other chemicals may be added to it that make it even more unhealthy.

ewg.org/foodscores/ingredients/23504-LARDANDHYDROGENATEDLARDWITHBHAANDBHTADDEDTOPROTECTFLAVOR/
delightedcooking.com/what-is-hydrogenated-lard-and-partially-hydrogenated-lard.htm

With that out of the way, let me give you some reasons why lard fell out of popularity - in no particular order.

1. Crisco made a successful ad campaign to market their vegetable shortening as healthier than lard.

2. General health concerns

3. It is neither kosher nor halal.

4. Many people see pork products as potentially dangerous.

5. Many people do not want to eat animal fat.
8 months

Thanks! Those are great tips!
8 months
12   loading