Fat experiences

Parents reaction helpp

I haven’t seen my parents since my weight gain what should I say/do
8 months

Parents reaction helpp

Maxtogs:

It's not their business. So unless you haven't been taking care of yourself, they don't really have a leg to stand on if they try to say something.

That said, what sort of people are your parents?
8 months

Parents reaction helpp

Maxtogs:

Munchies:
It's not their business. So unless you haven't been taking care of yourself, they don't really have a leg to stand on if they try to say something.

Very strict health nuts when I last saw them I was around 160 lean
8 months

Parents reaction helpp

Maxtogs:

RobbyP:
You'd know better than any of us. In my humble experience, a general boost of mental and physical capability for one day is the free meditation called "Isha Kriya", which is about 15 minutes long on youtube channel "Sadhguru". If you're going to do it, take no breaks during and do it until the end. This is deep inner work, and is best done completely if at all. Seriously, no breaks, no ending halfway for any 15 minute practice. That's for one's own wellbeing.

He knows his parents better than anyone else here, but that doesn't mean he knows how to deal with their potential reactions to them. Maybe they won't care. Maybe they just want to make sure he's taking care of himself. Or maybe they are fatphobic and abusive. He hasn't said a word about the kind of people they are, so we can't really provide any advice.

Meditation is cool, and I think more people should do it. It's a helpful tool for self-reflection. However, meditation is but one tool in the toolbox. And you can't build a house with just a screwdriver.

Also, be careful with Sadhguru. He's um ... not great.

vox.com/23206916/sadhguru-explained-save-the-soil-modi
thenewsminute.com/tamil-nadu/jaggi-vasudev-loses-cool-during-bbc-tamil-interview-switches-camera-164844

Again, I don't think that meditation is bad. I'm just saying that Sadhguru is not exactly who is portrays himself to be.
8 months

Parents reaction helpp

Maxtogs:

I have said it before and I’ll say it again but we tend to overthink about it cause it’s part of our sexuality and generally speaking sexuality is awkward/taboo, but in reality it’s not that deep bro. So what you gained a few pounds it’s not like you’re that fat (yet) people might say something but is it not true that you’ve indeed gained a few pounds? So what? You enjoy eating! If people give you a hard time just kinda brush it off the first time but if it turns into actual abuse just put your foot down and say no more shaming me about my body.
8 months

Parents reaction helpp

okay damn sorry I guess you are pretty hefty I looked at your pics I was thrown off cause your pfp. Still my advice stands however. And if that’s bad just eat ‘em’ lol
8 months

Parents reaction helpp

Maxtogs:

Munchies:

Maxtogs:
Very strict health nuts when I last saw them I was around 160 lean

All I can say is set boundaries.
8 months

Parents reaction helpp

Maxtogs:

ya I swear family can be worse then doctors.. Yet just be you n 'try' not to let there moments get to you.. why I bring a flask when I see my fataphobic mom...
8 months

Parents reaction helpp

Maxtogs:

LuvsChub04:
ya I swear family can be worse then doctors.. Yet just be you n 'try' not to let there moments get to you.. why I bring a flask when I see my fataphobic mom...

I find having clear boundaries that you enforce works better than booze. When you drink your problems away, you're not actually dealing with them. You're just running away. You might even make them worse.

I had a cousin who had issues with his father. He decided to never deal with his issues and just drink. Eventually, he snapped and now he no longer has a father.
8 months

Parents reaction helpp

Maxtogs:

dont bring it up and if they do just nod your head and move on

if they push it tell them to F off
7 months