General

Are metal bed frames better?

SSBBW Summer:
I saw a steel/metal frame that apparently holds like up to 70 stone. So me being 500 pounds which is around 35/36 stone, thought that would maybe last longer than the wooden divan beds I usually get.

In the uk there is reinforced beds: a company that have divans and metal frames rated up to about 800lbs.
7 months

Great! Has anyone got some actual site recommendations of metal frames that actually don't bend? I've already looked at a few. Much appreciated 🙂
7 months

Ive broken both 😂
7 months

Fatty J:
Ive broken both 😂

You broke both at 350 lbs? Either you were engaging in shenanigans to the highest degree, or you got some low-quality frames.
7 months

Im 400 now 😂 and getting bigger
7 months

Fatty J:
Im 400 now 😂 and getting bigger

7 months

SSBBW Summer:
Great! Has anyone got some actual site recommendations of metal frames that actually don't bend? I've already looked at a few. Much appreciated 🙂

Dont want to specifically quote but I hinted in the reply. Reinforedbeds a company in the uk. Give it a search and im sure you will find a specific company.
7 months

I've used a metal frame since I broke a flimsy twin bed as a teenager while vacationing at a lake cabin. I chose the bed I have for other reasons too, including aesthetic ones, but it's also held up well as I've continued to gain. I have noticed though, I can't cut corners on cheap mattresses. They flatten and develop indents in no time.
7 months

BigBallBellyGirl:
I've used a metal frame since I broke a flimsy twin bed as a teenager while vacationing at a lake cabin. I chose the bed I have for other reasons too, including aesthetic ones, but it's also held up well as I've continued to gain. I have noticed though, I can't cut corners on cheap mattresses. They flatten and develop indents in no time.

Hear here!

A bed is both a mattress and a frame at minimum [I would argue that there is considerable weight in aesthetic as well]

But sadly a well designed frame without an appropriate mattress is not going to hold up
7 months

SSBBW Summer:

LondonFA:
Dont want to specifically quote but I hinted in the reply. Reinforedbeds a company in the uk. Give it a search and im sure you will find a specific company.

Already looked there!
7 months
123   loading