Lifestyle tips

Yet another "beginner's advice" thread

Hi everyone! First post, but been lurking here for a while.

I want to try gaining weight but I have an odd relationship with food and not a lot of money so stuffing isn't a consistent option. I've tried chugging heavy cream but it makes my stomach pretty upset, maybe I'm just doing it too fast?

Looking for any beginner advice you could offer as well as any to get around these problems.

Thnx y'all
7 months

Welcome!

Well, I would tell you to start small, increase your portion sizes. I understand it's expensive, so I'd recommend lots of pasta with cheese, butter or dishes like that. Rice and potatoes can also help you with that.

If milkshakes are bad for you, then try ice cream.

And go slowly, your stomach will stop feeling like it's bursting with time.
7 months

DedicatedDishGirl:
Hi everyone! First post, but been lurking here for a while.

I want to try gaining weight but I have an odd relationship with food and not a lot of money so stuffing isn't a consistent option. I've tried chugging heavy cream but it makes my stomach pretty upset, maybe I'm just doing it too fast?

Looking for any beginner advice you could offer as well as any to get around these problems.

Thnx y'all

If you don't have a lot of money, my advice is go the slow and steady method. Weight gain can get expensive - and not just because of food prices. You'll have to replace your clothes and any other items you outgrow. You'll also need to pay for any unexpected health complications that arise as you gain (*** American healthcare). If you go slow, you can save up funds for these things. Plus, you'll give your body a chance to adapt to the changes, so you'll need less medical care.

On that note, be careful with using junk food to gain weight. It's a popular go to since it's high in calories and cheap. But that can backfire on you if you don't balance it out with healthier meals. You're more at risk for health complications (gotta pay for your medical bills). Also, junk food isn't very filling. You will end up paying for more food to feel full when you can buy normal food and spend less to feel full.

If you don't know how to cook, now is the time to learn. The best way to gain weight for cheap is to make your own high calorie meals.
7 months

Good advice I agree.
Gaining takes time and dedication on your part.
There are no magic pills or food that will make you fat quickly so if that was on you mind for a question the answer is no.
The best advice I can give is just increase portion sizes at mealtime and snack in between meals.
That lets your body adjust to the change in your eating habits.
That aside welcome, you have come to the right place if you want to gain.
7 months

Drugsarefunny:
Welcome!

Well, I would tell you to start small, increase your portion sizes. I understand it's expensive, so I'd recommend lots of pasta with cheese, butter or dishes like that. Rice and potatoes can also help you with that.

If milkshakes are bad for you, then try ice cream.

And go slowly, your stomach will stop feeling like it's bursting with time.

Te puedes hacer batidos de 1000 kcal por poco dinero
6 months

I think that stuffing and heavy cream in excess can lead to health issues as well as just generally not feeling well.

Like everyone else mentioned. Increasing portions is the easiest way to guarantee slow steady weight gain. I also recommend adding in some snacks. Two additional 200-300 calorie snacks can really help push your daily calories into a surplus that will help with your gain.
6 months