Gaining

Protein & gaining

It has been a while since I posted on here. I gained a lot of weight from heavy whipping cream in the past, but eventually got sick from it. I've often wondered why I became intolerant and wanted to throw an idea out there.

I relied exclusively on the heavy whipping cream to gain weight and ate a regular diet to meet the rest of my nutritional needs.

Lately, I've been reading up on protein. It looks like the recommended amount of protein per day is based solely on body weight. I would have thought that the proportion of fat mass to lean body mass would make a difference, but all I find is recommendations based on body weight.

Thinking back, I had not considered this while gaining weight. I had not bothered to increase my protein intake. I wonder if this may have played a role in my growing intolerance to heavy whipping cream.

Has anyone else on here experienced this issue while gaining? Have any of you noticed if increasing protein consumption helped you gain weight?
7 months

Protein & gaining

I believe protein helps you gain weight. It seems as though it is coupled with building muscle and strength also which in turn is the heaviest of weight. You should implement and see if your gains change the style of of your fattening from your heavy cream gains - which I believe they might.
7 months

Protein & gaining

I want to say that I have been drinking protein shakes since Tuesday (2 a day) and I feel softer. I also do every meal, I just use them to supplement.

I told my feeder that sometimes I felt like I was going to explode because they made me feel so bloated and digestion was much longer, for example, if I drink the shake after lunch (at 4:00PM) I won't get hungry again until 6:30PM or so. I also think I go to the bathroom worse..... This is a little embarrassing but I want to talk about everything.
7 months

Protein & gaining

Voluptuouslover:
I believe protein helps you gain weight. It seems as though it is coupled with building muscle and strength also which in turn is the heaviest of weight. You should implement and see if your gains change the style of of your fattening from your heavy cream gains - which I believe they might.

I'm not ready to try this just yet. I'm seriously considering getting gender reassignment surgery, and I need to maintain a reasonable weight for that. Gaining would need to wait until after the surgery, if I do eventually make that choice.

If I start gaining again, I would not use the protein itself to gain weight. I would still rely on the heavy whipping cream for weight gain, but would make sure to increase my protein as I get fatter.
7 months

Protein & gaining

Drugsarefunny:
I want to say that I have been drinking protein shakes since Tuesday (2 a day) and I feel softer. I also do every meal, I just use them to supplement.

I told my feeder that sometimes I felt like I was going to explode because they made me feel so bloated and digestion was much longer, for example, if I drink the shake after lunch (at 4:00PM) I won't get hungry again until 6:30PM or so. I also think I go to the bathroom worse..... This is a little embarrassing but I want to talk about everything.

Oh yes, the protein does take more time to digest. As for the bathroom being worse, are you eating enough fiber? Do you mix the protein shake with water or milk? If you are using milk, do you know if you are lactose intolerant?
7 months