Gaining

Will gaining on heavy cream cause permanent changes for me?

Read through and it’s well explained, thanks for the insight. Why do you think it sticks when people don’t immediately lose it naturally?

Trying to gage wether it’s a good idea for those dipping their toe into gaining
7 months

Sneederid:
Read through and it’s well explained, thanks for the insight. Why do you think it sticks when people don’t immediately lose it naturally?

Like all things about the human body, the reason depends. However, there are some things to keep in mind.

When you gain weight, not all of it is fat. Some of it is water retention. If you have an intolerance or sensitivity to dairy, some of it is inflammation. You'll lose some of this when you stop - especially the inflammation - but some will remain.

The fluid retention can easily be flushed away with a diuretic. But as for the fat? Heavy cream tends to promote subcutaneous fat. This is harder to burn off than visceral fat. I'm not saying you can't lose subcutaneous fat. It's just a lot harder.
7 months

Sneederid:

Munchies:
Like all things about the human body, the reason depends. However, there are some things to keep in mind.

When you gain weight, not all of it is fat. Some of it is water retention. If you have an intolerance or sensitivity to dairy, some of it is inflammation. You'll lose some of this when you stop - especially the inflammation - but some will remain.

The fluid retention can easily be flushed away with a diuretic. But as for the fat? Heavy cream tends to promote subcutaneous fat. This is harder to burn off than visceral fat. I'm not saying you can't lose subcutaneous fat. It's just a lot harder.

I mean thats more of an upside for me. I much preffer subcutaneous fat as I dont like the "beer belly" look
7 months

Of course, this is anecdotal, but heavy cream is what finally made permanent changes for me after years of failing to keep any weight on. Gaining by overeating without cream never stuck, and I would lose all the weight when I stopped deliberately overeating. Over several cream cycles spanning several years, I’ve managed to go from ~90 pounds to 144. The most exciting change I’ve noticed is that as of recently, I don’t lose weight anymore. Even if I’m not trying to gain, it stays on, and sometimes even slowly creeps higher. I could probably lose weight if I decided to hold myself to a strict diet, but although I admit I’m curious about how it would go, especially since being UNABLE to lose weight despite trying is just about the hottest thing ever to me and so I would be interested to see if I would experience it, I don’t want to risk triggering a relapse of my eating disorder.

I think the best way to do it is to have a cream shake before bed, and stuff all throughout the day. Don’t overdo it, start with a very small amount of cream and work up to the maximum you can handle without being sick (how much that is is different for everyone). It always makes it hard to eat at first, but actually increases my appetite a *lot* if I can keep at it for 3 or 4 days. If you keep at it long enough, the increased appetite will last even after you stop, and in my opinion that’s what makes the weight stick. I’ll bet it’s also responsible for a lot of the delayed gain people report.
7 months

Finickyfeedee:
Of course, this is anecdotal, but heavy cream is what finally made permanent changes for me after years of failing to keep any weight on. Gaining by overeating without cream never stuck, and I would lose all the weight when I stopped deliberately overeating. Over several cream cycles spanning several years, I’ve managed to go from ~90 pounds to 144. The most exciting change I’ve noticed is that as of recently, I don’t lose weight anymore. Even if I’m not trying to gain, it stays on, and sometimes even slowly creeps higher. I could probably lose weight if I decided to hold myself to a strict diet, but although I admit I’m curious about how it would go, especially since being UNABLE to lose weight despite trying is just about the hottest thing ever to me and so I would be interested to see if I would experience it, I don’t want to risk triggering a relapse of my eating disorder.

I think the best way to do it is to have a cream shake before bed, and stuff all throughout the day. Don’t overdo it, start with a very small amount of cream and work up to the maximum you can handle without being sick (how much that is is different for everyone). It always makes it hard to eat at first, but actually increases my appetite a *lot* if I can keep at it for 3 or 4 days. If you keep at it long enough, the increased appetite will last even after you stop, and in my opinion that’s what makes the weight stick. I’ll bet it’s also responsible for a lot of the delayed gain people report.

Maybe its the difference between American und European heavy cream, but I drink half a liter of it a day, mixed with chocolate milk. Its around 2000 extra calories and I can drink it sooo easily. Some days I even drink a full liter.

Though I am confused how it could be "permament" if you stop the increased calorie intake weight gain should stop or sloowly revert if you are under your daily need without it.

Dont know in your case? Maybe the added weight also just changed your lifestyle? Maybe more sedentary, or more stomach capacity from stuffing?
7 months

Finickyfeedee:

Ceepert:
Maybe its the difference between American und European heavy cream, but I drink half a liter of it a day, mixed with chocolate milk. Its around 2000 extra calories and I can drink it sooo easily. Some days I even drink a full liter.

Though I am confused how it could be "permament" if you stop the increased calorie intake weight gain should stop or sloowly revert if you are under your daily need without it.

Dont know in your case? Maybe the added weight also just changed your lifestyle? Maybe more sedentary, or more stomach capacity from stuffing?

It’s definitely increased appetite and capacity, but I never was able to get the increased appetite and capacity from gaining without cream.
7 months

Ceepert:

Metabolism and weight gain is way more complex than the oversimplified "calories in < calories out" that the diet industry sells us smiley
7 months
12   loading