General

It has dawned on me that no diet is "wrong", and i feel free

As I ease into my new lifestyle, I've been working through a lot of old beliefs that kept me thin and miserable.

While it may be normal reality to many on here, it just occurred to me that no diet is ever "wrong" in any sense, if you enjoy it.

I fucking love chips and other snack foods, but was always heavily discouraged from eating them when I was growing up.

Now, I realize that my entire day could be various chips and other snack foods. Would I enjoy this diet nonstop for days or weeks? Probably not, but tomorrow I am going to the store and filling the cart with chips, soda, and a couple of cakes.

Eating can have whatever structure I want it to have now, and so much worry has been taken off of me.

Thank you for reading my rant / little discovery.
7 months

Anon5665:
As I ease into my new lifestyle, I've been working through a lot of old beliefs that kept me thin and miserable.

While it may be normal reality to many on here, it just occurred to me that no diet is ever "wrong" in any sense, if you enjoy it.

I fucking love chips and other snack foods, but was always heavily discouraged from eating them when I was growing up.

Now, I realize that my entire day could be various chips and other snack foods. Would I enjoy this diet nonstop for days or weeks? Probably not, but tomorrow I am going to the store and filling the cart with chips, soda, and a couple of cakes.

Eating can have whatever structure I want it to have now, and so much worry has been taken off of me.

Thank you for reading my rant / little discovery.

It sounds like you've dealt with restrictive eating in the past. Are you enjoying your newfound freedom?
7 months

I’m currently going through the same thing!! It is so great!! To be free and happy!! I was so reluctant to stop restricting my eating, from internalized fat phobia!! But a few people on this site were very helpful and supportive. Munchies being one of them. If you ever want to talk about how you feel though this process, please feel free to reach out. Maybe we could help each other out. I’m currently in my honeymoon phase of intuitive eating. I wish you all the best!!!
7 months

I think we all look and feel so much better about ourselves with weight on us :-)
6 months