General

Any experience with wooplus?

I know it’s more generally plus-size oriented, but I keep seeing this ad for a site called wooplus and it’s gotten me interested, does anyone here have any experience with it?
6 months

I've not gone on it but have read reviews saying the site is a ghost town and plenty of bots/spammers. Just be cautious on there. You'll see plus size influencers say it's great but they aren't on it apparently.
6 months

Maybe because where I live in the UK, fat admirers are more popular, being a ssbbw I've never had any issues getting dates from there. Yes, there are a few fakes but you get them on every dating site. Just block them. 🙂
6 months

I am on it, though no real success. As others have said, same as any sute, be careful and you should be fine!
6 months

Back when I used it a couple years ago I saw a good amount of overlap with folks from our niche sites and here (la is dense as fuck) but yeah moderate spam and I didn’t actually see a lot of plus sized people strangely enough.
Given me and my about to be newly wed wife met on the hellhole that is and was feabie so anything is possible, just always maintain a degree of skepticism no matter where you look.
6 months

Ahh WooPlus, I remember that app back when it was first popular. It was quite different from the usual dating apps especially since it had a little social feed to share some moments or selfies.

I actually was able to meet a girlfriend of mine at the time. Though it did took awhile because there wasn’t much available for me locally. But hey I guess it depends on where you live when it comes to the success for dating apps.

And hey if you consider checking it out yourself then I wish you luck! Of course like many online dating, you also gotta be careful with who you talk to and be safe!
6 months

Because of network effect, I'd probably advise against any kind of niche or specialized dating web site. Especially if there's a monthly subscription to send and receive messages, and there's no other value proposition.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect

There's plenty of fat people on general purpose dating web sites.

But as always, with online dating web sites in general, keep your expectations low, and have reasonable standards. I'm skeptical of the fact that dating web sites are one of the few business models where satisfied, happy customers stop buying.

Also, keep an open mind. For all you know, you might meet your next significant other at a baking class, in the library, at the bar or night club, or even at the grocery store. Or potentially through friends. Maybe you work in an office building, and over lunch you see someone who works at another company in the building. Or after a concert. Point is, you never know!
6 months

my partner (amazingem) found me on wooplus, though that was a couple of years ago now. the good news is we're still together! smiley
6 months

I recently joined Wooplus, just to check it out as I actually hadn't heard of it before *totally out of the loop*.

Platform seems to be ok, easy to use and search for people. But have to say the interactions I have had, left a lot to be desired. That's just my experience in the past week of making an account, and tbh I'm not sure dating apps are for me so likely to delete it. But don't let that deter you. I think it's best to try things and feel it out for yourself, what works for some may not work for others!

Good Luck!
6 months