Gaining

Regain feeling different?

So recently I found myself (accidentally!) regaining a bunch of the Quarantine-Fun-Time I had gained and then lost.

The thing is, I’m not yet back to my max weight but my belly feels quite substantial. I don’t remember this sensation even when I was much fatter. My guts just feel like heavy. And my belly feels really in the way. Has anyone else experienced different sensations when gaining weight at different times in their life?

Or maybe I just forgot what this was like and I’ll get used to it. Either way thought I’d ask and see if other people had thoughts.
6 months

WeightAndSee:
So recently I found myself (accidentally!) regaining a bunch of the Quarantine-Fun-Time I had gained and then lost.

The thing is, I’m not yet back to my max weight but my belly feels quite substantial. I don’t remember this sensation even when I was much fatter. My guts just feel like heavy. And my belly feels really in the way. Has anyone else experienced different sensations when gaining weight at different times in their life?

Or maybe I just forgot what this was like and I’ll get used to it. Either way thought I’d ask and see if other people had thoughts.

I’m the same way almost. I’ve gained back 100 of the 120 pounds I lost 6 years ago and I’m a lot jigglier than the last time I was fat. And I can feel my gut getting in the way of things more than the last time as well.
6 months

WeightAndSee:

I completely relate to this! I was around 370, lost down to around 195 or so, and then blew back up to 420. I had always been overweight, but previously, I had wide hips, a soft back side, and ample thighs in addition to a fat belly. When I regained, I got a thick ball gut, enormous muffin top, and big fat bulges on my back. My weight is disproportionately concentrated in my mid section, and my belly feels tight even when I'm not full. I often hear people who say they are softer and jigglier after regain, but that's definitely not the case with me.
6 months