Lifestyle tips

How has your metabolism changed nearing or in your 30s?

Hello I didnt know where else to ask but how has your metabolism altered nearing or in your 30s?

I am nearing mine and I noticed even though i am eating more, hungry more, it seems i am losing weight?

Does your slow down? Increase? Hunger increase? Tell me about it smiley
6 months

I think mine has slowed I wanna say might be partially why I’ve gained more recently but I’ve also been going ham on the food, it’s kinda hard to tell with the “”diet”” I keep
6 months

Currently coming to the realization that my metabolism is certainly getting worse. I haven't changed my diet much and I usually get good exercise (staying chubby to find a feeder) but I noticed lately my belt can't be put as tight so I decided to scale myself. And I have noticed i am slowly, gaining weight. Not much has changed yet, but I am keeping track now. My recent low was like 220 and now I am about 224-226 around. Every few weeks I seem to be a pound heavier.
6 months

I've definitely noticed this in the past couple of years. There could be multiple factors, and of course, I'm definitely eating enough to put on significant amounts of weight. But I've also always been a big eater and a big girl. I used to maintain on four to five thousand calories a day, and if I went through a stuffing phase, I'd gained two or three pounds a week if I ate twice as much. Now, I can easily gain eight to 10 lb in a week. I've also noticed an increasing amount of fat in my midsection versus distributed all over. I'm attributing it to metabolism, hormones, eating habits, increasing belly capacity, and working from home.
6 months

I definitely noticed a drop in my metabolism right before turning 30 for me. Gaining weight without trying and if I do try I can put on a solid 5-7 a week with moderate effort.

I eat big anyways so capacity is no issue. I can put away a few pizzas in a sitting. But even at a normal amount of food for me, with a calculated bmr being met. I still slowly put on the pounds. Up until I was 27 I maintained my weight no problem. Even occasionally binging without gaining.
6 months

I gained weight easier in my 30s. Now that I’m 40 I hope I keep gaining just as fast
6 months

WellRounded:
I definitely noticed a drop in my metabolism right before turning 30 for me. Gaining weight without trying and if I do try I can put on a solid 5-7 a week with moderate effort.

I eat big anyways so capacity is no issue. I can put away a few pizzas in a sitting. But even at a normal amount of food for me, with a calculated bmr being met. I still slowly put on the pounds. Up until I was 27 I maintained my weight no problem. Even occasionally binging without gaining.

YES! I'm not 30 quite yet, but I'm close. The key in what you said is "moderate effort". When giving in to a big appetite, 5-7 pounds isn't really that much, and 10 is also not as hard as one would think.
6 months

I'm 33 and I somewhat have noticed it's been a bit easier to put on weight. So I suppose my metabolism is changing, they say the older you get the more difficult it is to lose weight since your metabolism does slow down. I'm also a trans guy and have been on testosterone for three years now so my appetite has increased from that and that could be why it's been easier for me to gain weight too though.
5 months

Spike:
Hello I didnt know where else to ask but how has your metabolism altered nearing or in your 30s?

I am nearing mine and I noticed even though i am eating more, hungry more, it seems i am losing weight?

Does your slow down? Increase? Hunger increase? Tell me about it smiley

I'm 28, and I'm finding it easier to gain muscle than I used to. Before, I had to work for it. Now? Not so much. It also sticks around longer than it used to. It's interesting for sure.

I'm also not as hungry as I used to be. I can have one cup of yogurt for breakfast and be full until lunch. About 10 years ago, that same amount of yogurt would leave me hungry 15 minutes later.
5 months