Gaining

How fast heavy cream will effct?

Leptine:
I use heavy cream years ago. It were 3 weeks and week break during 2 months.
1/3 liter per day - about 1000 additional kcal.

It was crazy time because then I drank heavy cream, GOMAD and eat bigger meals.

Munchies:
Drinking a gallon of milk every day sounds like far more trouble than it's worth.

Your profile says you are Polish. Milk costs on average 4.35 zlotzy per liter. 4.35 zlotzy comes out to about $1.09. This doesn't seem too bad until you remember that a liter is about a fourth of a gallon. So that brings it to about 17.40 zlotzy or $4.36. That comes out to 121.80 zlotzy or $30.52 for a week's supply of milk.

And that's assuming you can fit all the milk inside your fridge. Maybe you don't mind multiple trips to the store, but a lot of people try to go at least once a week.

All that aside, the GOMAD diet is actually dangerous.

bonappetit.com/story/gomad-diet

Leptine:
You're right. I wrote quickly, so no details.

I finished GOMAD after two weeks and couldn't drink a gallon. I ended up drinking two liters a day.

Economically, milk is not profitable. I also read that GOMAD is an unhealthy alternative.

Don't be out here promoting stuff that even you know ain't good. That's dangerous. It's one thing to talk about your experiences, but you need to be honest about them.

Mess like this is how people end up in the hospital.
5 months

Kacchan:
Even heavy cream, the so-called "golden fattening liquid" isn't as revered as it once was. Sure people still consume it, but they are being much smarter about it.

Wait, what do you mean it's not as revered as it once was?
5 months

Jaakkotamminen:

Heavy cream sits heavy in your stomach. So some people use it as an appetite suppressant. Keep that in mind if you don't see results. Some people have more success cooking with heavy cream instead of drinking it.

Yep, ironically because it’s almost pure fat, which slows digestion. There’s a point of diminishing returns.

I love heavy cream. I add it to coffee, I whip it and eat it by the spoonful, I add it to shakes, drink it by itself but just a small cup because it’s so heavy, add it to cream of wheat in place if a portion of the milk/water, mix it with whole milk for a not-so-heavy drink.
5 months

Kacchan:
Even heavy cream, the so-called "golden fattening liquid" isn't as revered as it once was. Sure people still consume it, but they are being much smarter about it.

Greentrees8733:
Wait, what do you mean it's not as revered as it once was?

Heavy cream used to have almost a cult like following. People would say it was liquid gold when it came to fattening. They'd tell people to stock up on it and drink as much as possible.

When people inevitably mentioned that they got sick drinking it, didn't see any weight gain, or even lost weight, people would tell them to keep drinking. If people said they didn't care for the taste, they'd tell them to power through.

It was a mess.

These days people are being smarter about things.
5 months

Jaakkotamminen:

Heavy cream sits heavy in your stomach. So some people use it as an appetite suppressant. Keep that in mind if you don't see results. Some people have more success cooking with heavy cream instead of drinking it.

MarshmallowMinotaur:
Yep, ironically because it’s almost pure fat, which slows digestion. There’s a point of diminishing returns.

I love heavy cream. I add it to coffee, I whip it and eat it by the spoonful, I add it to shakes, drink it by itself but just a small cup because it’s so heavy, add it to cream of wheat in place if a portion of the milk/water, mix it with whole milk for a not-so-heavy drink.

Jaakkotamminen didn't say that. I said that.
5 months

ImSoRound3:
Try cream cheese, I gained VERY quick

Cream cheese and other dairy products are good for weight gain. However, make sure you are eating foods with fiber as well. Dairy products can cause constipation - especially if you eat a lot.
5 months
12   loading