Story authors

A new story

Hey guys. I am shit! I have been away for a long time and I know that I have GOT to finish two of my older stories. I think they are from 6 years ago. I promise I will do this.

HOWEVER, the reason for this post is that I have just completed a draft of a new story. It was supposed to be about a realistic gaining over time, but it sort of grew (as we do! haha!) into pretty much a Novella. So before I post it, I would like some feedback. There is no rush as it needs tidying up.

Points I would like feedback on:

1. Size - The story is currently 87 pages long! Is this too much?

2. I know some people want to read weight gain stories for "gratification" but this story is not written in that way. There are some references to stuffing and overfeeding, but as the story has evolved, they have become background scenes as I explored the main character's arc. I don't really think I can honestly say that this is a weight gain story as much as a story of somebody who got fat. If that makes sense?

3. It follows the main protagonist for about 12 years, I am going to say again that this is not a "gratification" story as when it starts, she is 11 years old, but the real weight gain does not start until she is about 14 and the main story takes place between 16 - 18 with a couple of "epilogue" chapters aged 21 and 23. I don't want to cross any lines regarding minors here, and I repeat, there is nothing sexual or fetishised about her gain especially when she is younger. It is more about a few chapters setting the scene.
(I did read a story on Deviant Art where the protagonist was 10 and it was weird and not enjoyable! I have purposely avoided going into details in her younger years.)

4. I have actually sort of fallen in love with my own main character. Haha. Have other writers had this experience? I am not sure if it is a good or bad thing because on one side, I want to give her a story that she deserves, but on the other hand, I don't know if it weakens my writing as I want to "protect" her. (I hope that makes sense to other writers and I am not having some sort of breakdown!)

All responses are appreciated.

Thank you
5 months

A new story

UKLionheart:
Hey guys. I am shit! I have been away for a long time and I know that I have GOT to finish two of my older stories. I think they are from 6 years ago. I promise I will do this.

HOWEVER, the reason for this post is that I have just completed a draft of a new story. It was supposed to be about a realistic gaining over time, but it sort of grew (as we do! haha!) into pretty much a Novella. So before I post it, I would like some feedback. There is no rush as it needs tidying up.

2. I know some people want to read weight gain stories for "gratification" but this story is not written in that way. There are some references to stuffing and overfeeding, but as the story has evolved, they have become background scenes as I explored the main character's arc. I don't really think I can honestly say that this is a weight gain story as much as a story of somebody who got fat. If that makes sense?

3. It follows the main protagonist for about 12 years, I am going to say again that this is not a "gratification" story as when it starts, she is 11 years old, but the real weight gain does not start until she is about 14 and the main story takes place between 16 - 18 with a couple of "epilogue" chapters aged 21 and 23. I don't want to cross any lines regarding minors here, and I repeat, there is nothing sexual or fetishised about her gain especially when she is younger. It is more about a few chapters setting the scene.
(I did read a story on Deviant Art where the protagonist was 10 and it was weird and not enjoyable! I have purposely avoided going into details in her younger years.)

4. I have actually sort of fallen in love with my own main character. Haha. Have other writers had this experience? I am not sure if it is a good or bad thing because on one side, I want to give her a story that she deserves, but on the other hand, I don't know if it weakens my writing as I want to "protect" her. (I hope that makes sense to other writers and I am not having some sort of breakdown!)

Thank you

Congrats on writing something you’re proud of!

1. I don’t know what the word count is but 87 pages typed is probably solidly in novella territory. I think longer stories get traction here, so I wouldn’t be afraid to share it because of length. The site itself sucks to read longer stuff on, though, so you might want to think About releasing it episodically? Or dump it, I honestly don’t know what works best. If you’re only 40,000 words or something though, that’s not that long for stories on here.

2. I think that’s great and it’s the kind of story I like to read and write also, when it’s done well.

3. Not sure what to say about this one. I’m not an admin, but I don’t think stories that focus on characters under 18 are acceptable on this site. Maybe in other settings a non-erotic story about a minor who deals with weight gain is more than fine, but on a website that eroticizes weight gain it’s going to be a big red flag. Haven’t read your story and maybe you do it in such an expert way that it’s ok, but that seems like something you need to really review closely. Feels like you might have a problem here.

4. I get very emotionally attached to my characters when i’m writing emotional segments. I think that’s normal. We put a lot of ourselves and people we love into our characters. You get to live inside them and feel what they’re feeling. Writing is very cathartic that way.
5 months

A new story

I’m not an admin, but I don’t think stories that focus on characters under 18 are acceptable on this site. Maybe in other settings a non-erotic story about a minor who deals with weight gain is more than fine, but on a website that eroticizes weight gain it’s going to be a big red flag. Haven’t read your story and maybe you do it in such an expert way that it’s ok, but that seems like something you need to really review closely. Feels like you might have a problem here.

Thanks for your response. I fully understand your point here and it is the reason I asked the question. I am torn because I guess that like a lot people here, I first discovered my fascination with feeding and fattening reading Hansel and Gretel as a child. And that is a story about kids who are going to be fattened and slaughtered, but it is not a sexual story. It is a very fine line. I recognise that a lot of he rewrites on here make them older teens and young adults though.

I am arguing both sides with myself here. Haha.
5 months

A new story

If you’re only 40,000 words or something though, that’s not that long for stories on here.

Word count is currently 46,317. Dam! you're good!
5 months

A new story

I’m not an admin, but I don’t think stories that focus on characters under 18 are acceptable on this site. Maybe in other settings a non-erotic story about a minor who deals with weight gain is more than fine, but on a website that eroticizes weight gain it’s going to be a big red flag. Haven’t read your story and maybe you do it in such an expert way that it’s ok, but that seems like something you need to really review closely. Feels like you might have a problem here.

UKLionheart:
Thanks for your response. I fully understand your point here and it is the reason I asked the question. I am torn because I guess that like a lot people here, I first discovered my fascination with feeding and fattening reading Hansel and Gretel as a child. And that is a story about kids who are going to be fattened and slaughtered, but it is not a sexual story. It is a very fine line. I recognise that a lot of he rewrites on here make them older teens and young adults though.

I am arguing both sides with myself here. Haha.

I think it’s just about context. Again, not an admin, but this website specifically eroticizes weight gain.

Maybe to be clearer: Judy Blume could write a wonderful story about a teenage protagonist who gains weight, but if she posted it here, even if the story was not specifically eroticizing the weight gain, it would raise red flags. And she’s a pro. This might not be the right venue for a story like that, especially if once the character turns 18 you feel allowed to eroticize weight gain in the same story. I think there’s a big problem there. But not an admin, just my $0.02.
5 months

A new story

UKLionheart:

Thank you

I wouldn't post it. It breaks TOS.
fantasyfeeder.com/about/rules

It straight up says stories about the under 18 crowd are not allowed.
5 months

A new story

This might not be the right venue for a story like that, especially if once the character turns 18 you feel allowed to eroticize weight gain in the same story. I think there’s a big problem there. But not an admin, just my $0.02.

Thanks for that perspective - I did not even think about it this way
5 months

A new story

I wouldn't post it. It breaks TOS.
fantasyfeeder.com/about/rules

It straight up says stories about the under 18 crowd are not allowed.

Thanks for the pointer.
5 months

A new story

Like others have said, FF has a policy of no underage characters involved in gaining, but it sounds like you have a story here that, while about a fat protagonist, is more about her life and times in the sense of a regular novel rather than a kinky one. Have you considered pursuing traditional publishing?
5 months

A new story

You can mention that your character was bigger than normal in the earlier years up until they were 18 (maybe a short paragraph) but no actual details of their gaining. There can be no active gaining until they are at least 18.

I am the story Mod.As long as your story doesn't break any of the rules posted for the site itself,things should be fine.
5 months
12   loading