Fat experiences

Everyone's losing weight

52Percent:
Everyone’s losing weight huh? Yeah I’ve been noticing that a lot too. Buckle up everyone, we’re about to witness the beginning of the end of an era. smiley

JN_TumLover56:
That is quite a bit excessive, but at the same time I can understand where you are coming from.

Munchies:
This is whole thread is a huge nothing burger. Fat people are going nowhere.

Now, there's a conversation to be had about fat positivity and such. But the fight against fatphobia is different from the unfounded fear that fat people will stop existing.

52Percent:
Yeah? I’ve heard about stories about people with a large following than all of you taking about about the government should start FINING and TAXING people for being obese. All for everyone living a “happy and healthy” life and live forever. Like if anyone really wants that.

Also with fat acceptance now being labeled as “cringe”. We’re gonna be seriously f*cked in the future!

Oh I’m also pretty high as a kite right now.

Yeah, I can tell. Because this is a load of horseshit.

First off, fining and taxing people isn't going to stop people from being fat. We already tried that with booze and smoking. That didn't stop nothing.

Secondly, the fat tax isn't a tax on obese people. It's a tax on things linked to obesity like fast food.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_tax

They've been trying to make this a thing on the federal level for decades in America. Didn't catch on. However, it's been a thing at the state and sometimes municipal level. New York City's ban on soft drinks above a certain size comes to mind. But all that did was make people buy two smaller cups of soda instead of one lager size. It was repealed not too long after. All in all, it's been a failure.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugary_drinks_portion_cap_rule.

All that aside, the only way to truly combat obesity would be to make a lot of changes that no government or big business is trying to do to start with. Because that would mean making fresh, healthy foods available, revitalize urban planning to make cities more walkable and bike friendly, properly fund schools so kids can get the proper care they need, change up the entire welfare system since there's a positive correlation with obesity and poverty, etc. etc.

And I promise you that all of that won't happen any time soon.

So they can pump out all the weight loss drugs they want. It's not going to change a damn thing at the end of the day.
5 months

Everyone's losing weight

52Percent:
Everyone’s losing weight huh? Yeah I’ve been noticing that a lot too. Buckle up everyone, we’re about to witness the beginning of the end of an era. smiley

JN_TumLover56:
That is quite a bit excessive, but at the same time I can understand where you are coming from.

Munchies:
This is whole thread is a huge nothing burger. Fat people are going nowhere.

Now, there's a conversation to be had about fat positivity and such. But the fight against fatphobia is different from the unfounded fear that fat people will stop existing.

52Percent:
Yeah? I’ve heard about stories about people with a large following than all of you taking about about the government should start FINING and TAXING people for being obese. All for everyone living a “happy and healthy” life and live forever. Like if anyone really wants that.

Also with fat acceptance now being labeled as “cringe”. We’re gonna be seriously f*cked in the future!

Oh I’m also pretty high as a kite right now.

Munchies:
Yeah, I can tell. Because this is a load of horseshit.

First off, fining and taxing people isn't going to stop people from being fat. We already tried that with booze and smoking. That didn't stop nothing.

Secondly, the fat tax isn't a tax on obese people. It's a tax on things linked to obesity like fast food.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_tax

They've been trying to make this a thing on the federal level for decades in America. Didn't catch on. However, it's been a thing at the state and sometimes municipal level. New York City's ban on soft drinks above a certain size comes to mind. But all that did was make people buy two smaller cups of soda instead of one lager size. It was repealed not too long after. All in all, it's been a failure.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugary_drinks_portion_cap_rule.

All that aside, the only way to truly combat obesity would be to make a lot of changes that no government or big business is trying to do to start with. Because that would mean making fresh, healthy foods available, revitalize urban planning to make cities more walkable and bike friendly, properly fund schools so kids can get the proper care they need, change up the entire welfare system since there's a positive correlation with obesity and poverty, etc. etc.

And I promise you that all of that won't happen any time soon.

So they can pump out all the weight loss drugs they want. It's not going to change a damn thing at the end of the day.

Hehehehe maybe you should try telling this all this to Nas Daily or Brett Cooper or Moon! Or how about that bodybuilder who made the video “Let’s Tax Obese People” on YouTube! I bet they’d love you.
5 months

Everyone's losing weight

52Percent:
Hehehehe maybe you should try telling this all this to Nas Daily or Brett Cooper or Moon! Or how about that bodybuilder who made the video “Let’s Tax Obese People” on YouTube! I bet they’d love you.

I don't care. I'm still right. And body builders ain't all that healthy either.

Besides, their opinions don't matter in the grand scheme of things.
5 months

Everyone's losing weight

I’ve noticed a lot of girls looking like deflated beach balls lately. It all comes down to insurance, within 2 years there will be almost zero middle class obese girls.
4 months

Everyone's losing weight

Fivepointno:
I’ve noticed a lot of girls looking like deflated beach balls lately. It all comes down to insurance, within 2 years there will be almost zero middle class obese girls.

Okay, now you are being very silly. And also very gross for saying that. It's super objectifying, and a handful of women (I hope you don't mean girls because that's pedophilia) does a trend not make.

Some points:

Not every middle class woman is trying to lose weight.

There is a sizable anti-modern medicine community of middle class women who will use natural medicine.

Ozempic and Wegovy can make people feel violent ill. And there's a growing voice warning people that some will face irreparable health issues.

Both medications are injections. People would rather take a pill than stab themselves.

While Ozempic and Wegovy (the most popular weight loss medications) can be covered under insurance, it's not always the case. For example, Medicare (it's possible to be on Medicare as a young person if you have certain disabilities) does not cover Wegovy at all. At it will not cover Ozempic for off-label use. Tricare can cover Wegovy, but you have to meet certain medical criteria.

Most middle class people get their coverage via their job. And not every plan will cover it. Those that do typically require you to have some obesity related health issue.

If you are fat but not sick, you'll have to pay out of pocket. Ozempic costs about $892 a month. Wegovy can cost about $1,349. There are coupons and manufacturer drug programs that can mitigate the costs. However, the coupons may not reduce the costs very much. As for the programs, not everyone will qualify, and the programs tend to be limited.

Some middle class households can eat these costs. Some can't. Some don't want to. It depends on a lot of things like cost of living and lifestyle.

So, you are being very, very silly.
4 months

Everyone's losing weight

Fivepointno:

Munchies:
Okay, now you are being very silly. And also very gross for saying that. It's super objectifying, and a handful of women (I hope you don't mean girls because that's pedophilia) does a trend not make.

Some points:

Not every middle class woman is trying to lose weight.

There is a sizable anti-modern medicine community of middle class women who will use natural medicine.

Ozempic and Wegovy can make people feel violent ill. And there's a growing voice warning people that some will face irreparable health issues.

Both medications are injections. People would rather take a pill than stab themselves.

While Ozempic and Wegovy (the most popular weight loss medications) can be covered under insurance, it's not always the case. For example, Medicare (it's possible to be on Medicare as a young person if you have certain disabilities) does not cover Wegovy at all. At it will not cover Ozempic for off-label use. Tricare can cover Wegovy, but you have to meet certain medical criteria.

Most middle class people get their coverage via their job. And not every plan will cover it. Those that do typically require you to have some obesity related health issue.

If you are fat but not sick, you'll have to pay out of pocket. Ozempic costs about $892 a month. Wegovy can cost about $1,349. There are coupons and manufacturer drug programs that can mitigate the costs. However, the coupons may not reduce the costs very much. As for the programs, not everyone will qualify, and the programs tend to be limited.

Some middle class households can eat these costs. Some can't. Some don't want to. It depends on a lot of things like cost of living and lifestyle.

So, you are being very, very silly.

The silly part to me is being upset at a choice someone else makes with their body. I’m with you there. I think he’s right that it’s starting to become pretty easy for middle class folks to get Wegovy scripts approved through insurance. (i would say that having private health insurance is one of the signifiers of American middle class-hood, an otherwise difficult to pinpoint demo). BMI over 30, one other comorbidity like high blood pressure, a doctor that wants to play. You’re pretty much there.
4 months

Everyone's losing weight

Letters And Numbers:
The silly part to me is being upset at a choice someone else makes with their body. I’m with you there. I think he’s right that it’s starting to become pretty easy for middle class folks to get Wegovy scripts approved through insurance. (i would say that having private health insurance is one of the signifiers of American middle class-hood, an otherwise difficult to pinpoint demo). BMI over 30, one other comorbidity like high blood pressure, a doctor that wants to play. You’re pretty much there.

You're right. I don't like the idea of preventing people from losing weight just because you have a fetish. It's dehumanizing. Even the way he described these people (deflated beach balls) is gross.

That said, a lot of jobs offer health insurance. And you can get inexpensive health insurance plans on the Market Place thanks to the Affordable Care Act. So that's not a good indicator of class.
4 months

Everyone's losing weight

Letters And Numbers:

Munchies:
You're right. I don't like the idea of preventing people from losing weight just because you have a fetish. It's dehumanizing. Even the way he described these people (deflated beach balls) is gross.

That said, a lot of jobs offer health insurance. And you can get inexpensive health insurance plans on the Market Place thanks to the Affordable Care Act. So that's not a good indicator of class.

Yup same vibe to me as guys who rant about girls with tattoos or pink hair or piercings. God forbid someone want to feel better about themselves, whether it’s thinner or heavier. Oh well, everyone’s a critic.
4 months

Everyone's losing weight

Angelette:
I quit this sexist ass community.

Please don't; there's many many good people on here too, I promise!
4 months

Everyone's losing weight

Angelette:
I quit this sexist ass community.

Estil17:
Please don't; there's many many good people on here too, I promise!

If she doesn't want to stay then that's her choice. There is a lot of sexism in this community. And leaving it is a perfectly valid choice. But those of us that choose to stay have a duty to push back against the isms we come across.
4 months
2345   loading