General

I don't care if i get banned.

Angelette:
I am feeling suicidal right now. I have no access to therapy. It's dark out anyways and I have work in the morning.

I feel foolish for eating dinner. Because I don't deserve it. Since I can't go anywhere alone. I found a way to disappear. If only I had the guts. That is to starve myself.

I love to eat so it won't be easy. I probably won't succeed anyways. But well I now let my thoughts out. I assure some people will get mad at me but oh well. I've been scolded a lot of times for being mentally ill.

The Ultimate 1992:
But how can you be depressed and live in America, it's the place of dreams.

You know how many people in England want to see America but so many are too poor to travel there and the people who do are the talk of the town.

In 2006 I visited Florida for 2 weeks and it really was the best holiday ever, since then I have being pining to go back to see more states and get even fatter.

I hope your in a relationship with a good person right now because you need that when ill with mental health.

this sarcasm right please tell me

I know dont if you had too much to drink or dont have brain to think the usa is the dream

USA is only a dream if you have high paying job and few millions in the bank

you cant be serious or you a troll trying to get your rocks off
5 months

Angelette:
I am feeling suicidal right now. I have no access to therapy. It's dark out anyways and I have work in the morning.

I feel foolish for eating dinner. Because I don't deserve it. Since I can't go anywhere alone. I found a way to disappear. If only I had the guts. That is to starve myself.

I love to eat so it won't be easy. I probably won't succeed anyways. But well I now let my thoughts out. I assure some people will get mad at me but oh well. I've been scolded a lot of times for being mentally ill.

The Ultimate 1992:

You know how many people in England want to see America but so many are too poor to travel there and the people who do are the talk of the town.

In 2006 I visited Florida for 2 weeks and it really was the best holiday ever, since then I have being pining to go back to see more states and get even fatter.

I hope your in a relationship with a good person right now because you need that when ill with mental health.

1. Go take a long walk off a short pier.

2. Not you out here being too stupid to understand how depression works.

3. You should go read a book or the newspaper on what living in America is actually like.

You are impressively dumb and heartless. "You can't be sad because I went on vacation once in your country and had a good time." That's like me saying to you "You can't have problems because you have free healthcare."

You make me sick. It's people like you that drive already depressed people to suicide.
5 months

Angelette:

The Ultimate 1992:

Munchies:

3. You should go read a book or the newspaper on what living in America is actually like.

You are impressively dumb and heartless. "You can't be sad because I went on vacation once in your country and had a good time." That's like me saying to you "You can't have problems because you have free healthcare."

You make me sick. It's people like you that drive already depressed people to suicide.

THIS. ^^^^

Munchies said everything I came to say. The only thing I'll add for OP is, please don't let anyone make you feel WORSE for being brave enough to share your feelings. You reached out, and you happened to start with this platform. I applaud you, and I hope some of the resources already shared here are helpful. Depression is an illness, not a sign of ingratitude or a weakness. And saying, "I don't know how you could be depressed" is like saying "I can't imagine why you have cancer. You live in America." Ignore that ignorance.
5 months

[quote]Angelette:

The Ultimate 1992:

I am sorry that you feel suicidal because of your experiences. Many people become depressed and eventually suicidal. I am not a therapist, and I’m not a doctor, but I feel if you really are suicidal that it may stem from a reason, much deeper than what you’ve shared. You may not have the means to getting a therapist, but there are suicide prevention hotline is that you can call please do so as your life matters. I hope you get well.
5 months

Angelette:

The Ultimate 1992:

LydiaFatPuppy:
this sarcasm right please tell me

I know dont if you had too much to drink or dont have brain to think the usa is the dream

USA is only a dream if you have high paying job and few millions in the bank

you cant be serious or you a troll trying to get your rocks off

The Ultimate 1992:
Maybe you should read the message properly before saying I'm a troll or being sarcastic, I travel 4-5 times a year mate so I'm pretty sure it's you that has no brain if you have nothing better to do than bad month smart people on here.

I'm pretty sure you don't need Millions of pounds to have a good life in America, everyone was so nice and happy in Florida in 2006 and I'm pretty sure they weren't all Millionaires.

I bet you've never even been to America and are you just following all the other depressing people who bad month other country's when they haven't even been.

If people are that broke and sad they should have worked harder at school/college and then they might would be living the good life

Disrespectfully, but please stay in your lane. You don't know a thing about anything. Just some stupid, classist, ableist blowhard.

America has a fantastic PR campaign, but it isn't all that it's cracked up to be. And I've been here all my life.

You cannot judge the daily lives of locals based on tourist spots. People go on vacation to the nice spots. Most people don't live in the nice spots.

Depression is a mental illness. It can be due to life's circumstances (I had depression while going through abuse) or due to chemical imbalances in the brain. It is just as real and valid a condition as a physical illness.

Being poor isn't because you failed in life. There are lots of reasons why someone might be poor. But one thing that won't fix it is a college degree.

In America, people go into debt to get whatever degree they are shooting for. And when they get out, there is a high chance they will not get a high paying job - or even one in their field. There are so many college graduates working low paying jobs because the higher paying ones are not hiring or they don't have enough experience.

Thanks for confirming your serious. That just confirms your lack of intelligence and cruelty.
5 months

Angelette:

The Ultimate 1992:

Munchies:

The Ultimate 1992:
Maybe you should read the message properly before saying I'm a troll or being sarcastic, I travel 4-5 times a year mate so I'm pretty sure it's you that has no brain if you have nothing better to do than bad month smart people on here.

I'm pretty sure you don't need Millions of pounds to have a good life in America, everyone was so nice and happy in Florida in 2006 and I', pretty sure they weren't all Millionaires.

Maybe you should get some help and quit being such a little pussy! there was nothing wrong with what I said and if people are depressed or just think they are because they haven't got what they want they need to grow a pair and sort their life's out!

Go back to college, get better degrees, get a better job instead of coming to the internet to complain like a 12 year old!

Oh there is so much wrong with what you said. And you are making it worse.

It's sad. You say something impressively stupid, get called out for it, and delete your original post. Then you wallow in your feeling and think "I'm not the bad guy here. I'm the actual victim." And proceed to double down and make yourself look even more heartless than you did the first time.

This is a post about a women feeling depressed, suicidal, and reaching out for help. And what do you do? Mock her, shame her, and make it about you.

Disgusting.
5 months

Angelette:
I am thinking of quitting my job today. I can't wait any longer. But I don't know I should I explain to my dad. Right off the bat I assure he will get pissed at me because he does financially depend on me.

Make sure you have something else lined up. Because as bad as your job might be, having no lights, car, gas, or food is worse.
5 months

Angelette:

The Ultimate 1992:

Angelette:
Because I come from a dysfunctional poor family working a job I despise that I don't have the luxury to get out of. I live in a very poor city (Yakima) where there aren't many job opportunities. I assure Florida in comparison is a more rich place from what I've heard.

My depression developed in my teens. Around 4th grade I became a loner. I was moved to a different homeroom and no longer saw my special ed friends. I also got bullied a lot.

Around these years my dad lost his job at a fruit canning facility and it all went downhill. My mom started to cheat and was rarely spending time with the family. Eventually my dad developed anger problems and verbally abused me and expected me to take over my mom's role.

It is very tough for Zillenial and Gen-Z to have the traditional American dream. Such as affording a house and raising a family. The recession made things worse. The boomers and Gen-X had a better chance back then. Times have changed.

Besides, there's a difference between living somewhere and only visiting the place once. I am sorry to come off as blunt but I doubt you know much about America.

The Ultimate 1992:
Well I'm sorry to hear about you having a hard life as a teenager and about being bullied.

I was also bullied by 4 people at school for 2 years and my father was a very abusive alcoholic, I too have known grief but coming to the internet for help is not the answer.

What you need to do is try and find a job that pays more money where you get treated with respect, or you could go back to college for free if you have a disability.

At least that's how it works in the UK, and even though a few people on here think it's nesscercery to attack me, there was nothing wrong with anything I said, at the end of my message I said I hope your in a relationship because when dealing with mental health problems you need just that, I don't think that Munchies and the other idiot read that part.

It doesn't work like that over here. Over here, college is a priviledge, not a right. You can get government aid for a lot of things, but it won't pay for everything. You're best bet is to get government assistance and scholarships. It is possible to get a full ride scholarship, but you have to keep your grades up. Otherwise you lose everything.

That said, trade schools are an option too.

And I read the part about the relationship thing. Speaking as someone who has been on both sides of that (the depressed person and the one dating the depressed person), it's not all that helpful.

This is not to say don't date depressed people or that depressed people should stay single. But it's better to have a support network that may include a partner rather than relying on one person to fix you.

Also, it's rich calling someone else an idiot when you have no idea what you are talking about.
5 months

Angelette:
Because I come from a dysfunctional poor family working a job I despise that I don't have the luxury to get out of. I live in a very poor city (Yakima) where there aren't many job opportunities. I assure Florida in comparison is a more rich place from what I've heard.

My depression developed in my teens. Around 4th grade I became a loner. I was moved to a different homeroom and no longer saw my special ed friends. I also got bullied a lot.

Around these years my dad lost his job at a fruit canning facility and it all went downhill. My mom started to cheat and was rarely spending time with the family. Eventually my dad developed anger problems and verbally abused me and expected me to take over my mom's role.

It is very tough for Zillenial and Gen-Z to have the traditional American dream. Such as affording a house and raising a family. The recession made things worse. The boomers and Gen-X had a better chance back then. Times have changed.

Besides, there's a difference between living somewhere and only visiting the place once. I am sorry to come off as blunt but I doubt you know much about America.

The Ultimate 1992:
Well I'm sorry to hear about you having a hard life as a teenager and about being bullied.

I was also bullied by 4 people at school for 2 years and my father was a very abusive alcoholic, I too have known grief but coming to the internet for help is not the answer.

What you need to do is try and find a job that pays more money where you get treated with respect, or you could go back to college for free if you have a disability.

At least that's how it works in the UK, and even though a few people on here think it's nesscercery to attack me, there was nothing wrong with anything I said, at the end of my message I said I hope your in a relationship because when dealing with mental health problems you need just that, I don't think that Munchies and the other idiot read that part.

Angelette:
I wrote this thread when I was having a mid-life crisis. Of course asking mental help from online strangers (that aren't professionals) isn't always wise. But at the time I had no one to talk to.

I don't regret writing this thread though because I was given resources that I didn't know existed. For my whole life I've always thought therapy was just physical and you have to pay thousands of dollars for it. Also I learned about standing up to my dad.

I assure you don't mean any harm. Though, I think people had the right to be upset. At first, it seemed like you were brushing off my mental health and assumed I am well off. Even if you added that last part in the end. Besides you just now admitted I shouldn't be seeking help on here. I don't know whether you want me to be healthy or not.

Anyways, no, I am not physically disabled. I was in special ed because of my learning disability. I especially struggled hard with math. High paying low entry jobs are a unicorn. Even remote ones are hard to obtain. The only place I can think of that doesn't require any skill and pays over the minimum wage is Costco. Unfortunately, it's a little far from my house and I'm aiming to work somewhere closer.

OP you are a queen filled with kindness and grace. You are going to be okay in the end. You can survive and pull through to the other side.

That said, the resources I gave you can help with a lot of things: food, money, health care, transportation, household goods, etc. You are young and have learning disabilities. You might be qualified for some programs. If not, your income may qualify you for others.

I've worked in healthcare for a number of years - including Medicare and Medicaid. There area lot of programs out there from state, local, and private groups that people don't know about.
5 months

Angelette:
I am thinking of quitting my job today. I can't wait any longer. But I don't know I should I explain to my dad. Right off the bat I assure he will get pissed at me because he does financially depend on me.

Munchies:
Make sure you have something else lined up. Because as bad as your job might be, having no lights, car, gas, or food is worse.

Angelette:
I'm planning to apply as a janitor at Walmart. I just need overalls for my attire. I do have 11k in my account to get by on. Thankfully, I do own a car.

That's good. Just don't quit until you have something else secured.
5 months
12   loading