Fat experiences

Comments

I am yet to get any comments about my changes, but they are still quite small. I am very scared to get negative comments, but i would assume most are supportive and at least not ill ment?
5 months

Comments

Personally, I am immensely turned on by comments about my weight (especially negative ones), but out there in the 'real world', I think it's highly insensitive to make any remarks regarding someone's body, no matter how well-intentioned. One thoughtless utterance can totally ruin someone's day and shatter their self-esteem.

Yet an insane number of people do this habitually every day, and actually see it as some kind of virtue that they are able to speak their mind. As if these actions somehow make them admirable and noble pursuers of the truth, rather than the graceless, ignorant and ill-mannered clods that they are...
5 months

Comments

When I was intentionally gaining and at my heaviest I got absolutely No comments. That’s not to say that everyone didn’t notice the enormous weight in a short time I packed on - mostly all going to my new huge gut.

I so wanted to have my wife tease, joke or even scold me for getting so big, but it didn’t happen. I think she is one that never wants anyone to bring up her gaining and I have learned over the years to not discuss when she starts packing on the pounds unless she does first. I extend her the courtesy of not talking or asking about her gains just discuss how pretty she looks, even though she knows like her gaining weight and getting fatter. I just assumed she extended me the same courtesy even though I was intentionally getting Fat trying to get a reaction from her because it was so arousing to me for her to notice. She seemed to like it as I have mentioned, but never came out and said anything.

I found out some time before that she commented on me from years ago when we were looking at some pictures from way back, she said “that’s when you got heavier”, ironically it aroused me but I wasn’t even close to as big as I was when intentionally gaining. So, she noticed everything even though she did not mention it directly to me at the time. I sometimes wonder if she talks to her friends about my big gut, when I was sporting it and looking 15 months pregnant at the time. Or down the line she comments on pictures together and mention the same thing even though when I was trying to get her to notice, she didn’t say anything and kept feeding me like I was in some eating competition. She was feeding me and us at the time so much especially me it had me thinking I was going to be 350+ lbs. before she ever commented on my gaining.

I am sure her friends talked behind my back and possibly to her. I have heard the way she comments to her friends about other friends of theirs which packed on some pounds.

People see and know that you are getting Fat that just don’t tell you to your face typically.
3 months

Comments

I just had 2 Freinds of mine (they are a couple) comment on my weight. They have recently started dieting together. And have been trying to get me to do it with them. But the one finally told me that she noticed I've been having more trouble walking ! And that I need to do something! It felt so good to have all my hard work noticed! I just said that I have no plans to change my diet or to start exercising. And that I simply love food too much! It was the first time I openly said anything about having ZERO desire to loose weight. At least to people i know personally. And it felt so freeing! They were also super cool about it. It was a nice first experience lmfao
2 months

Comments

Otacon0205:
Wish I was as big as some of y’all, but when I gained from 160 to 200ish the first time, I met a client of the firm I used to work with who hadn’t seen me for like 6 months. Last time we met I was 160.
He was in line behind me for the bank cashier and I noticed he kept looking at me and looking at me (was hoping he would not notice me), till finally he realized who I was and told me “hey long time no see, how are you? Woah what happened to you, you certainly look different?

At this point I was a little embarrassed and tried to cut short by being forward: “ yeah I put on some weight since we last met. How is everything?”
Him: “I would say more than just some (he said it with a smirky laugh), by that big rear I would certainly never thought it could be you.”

I could not grasp that he could be so forward in making comments about my body, thankfully the cashier called me and then I quickly got out of there. Still feel like his comments were violating and uninvited. Part of me loved the teasing, but since I was not used to receive such comments as I had always been skinny all my life it felt pretty weird being called out as a fatty for the first time.
Outside of the bank I looked at my reflection in the glass doors and thought, well I kinda have to agree, that is quite a big rear.

There's a difference between teasing in love and teasing in disdain. For example, if I call my partner a "gluttonous fatty" it's a term of endearment. He knows I like that aspect of him, so he loves it when I say that to him.

However, if a rando on the street called him that, it wouldn't have the same connotation behind it.

In your situation, this guy was belittling you. It's clear he's fatphobic. And since he's also a client, he was probably on a power trip too. He sounds like he's fun at parties /s
2 months

Comments

That’s so inappropriate at work and it kinda stinks that there’s no repercussions for behavior like that if it’s a client like what’s your boss gonna do drop him? Doubtful.
2 months

Comments

VisibleBellyOutline:
Personally, I am immensely turned on by comments about my weight (especially negative ones), but out there in the 'real world', I think it's highly insensitive to make any remarks regarding someone's body, no matter how well-intentioned. One thoughtless utterance can totally ruin someone's day and shatter their self-esteem.

Yet an insane number of people do this habitually every day, and actually see it as some kind of virtue that they are able to speak their mind. As if these actions somehow make them admirable and noble pursuers of the truth, rather than the graceless, ignorant and ill-mannered clods that they are...

The same type of dude to belittle a guy for being heavy is the same type of guy who’d harass women for wearing fun clothes it’s gross and why we can’t have nice things :/
2 months

Comments

Otacon0205:
Wish I was as big as some of y’all, but when I gained from 160 to 200ish the first time, I met a client of the firm I used to work with who hadn’t seen me for like 6 months. Last time we met I was 160.
He was in line behind me for the bank cashier and I noticed he kept looking at me and looking at me (was hoping he would not notice me), till finally he realized who I was and told me “hey long time no see, how are you? Woah what happened to you, you certainly look different?

At this point I was a little embarrassed and tried to cut short by being forward: “ yeah I put on some weight since we last met. How is everything?”
Him: “I would say more than just some (he said it with a smirky laugh), by that big rear I would certainly never thought it could be you.”

I could not grasp that he could be so forward in making comments about my body, thankfully the cashier called me and then I quickly got out of there. Still feel like his comments were violating and uninvited. Part of me loved the teasing, but since I was not used to receive such comments as I had always been skinny all my life it felt pretty weird being called out as a fatty for the first time.
Outside of the bank I looked at my reflection in the glass doors and thought, well I kinda have to agree, that is quite a big rear.

Munchies:
There's a difference between teasing in love and teasing in disdain. For example, if I call my partner a "gluttonous fatty" it's a term of endearment. He knows I like that aspect of him, so he loves it when I say that to him.

However, if a rando on the street called him that, it wouldn't have the same connotation behind it.

In your situation, this guy was belittling you. It's clear he's fatphobic. And since he's also a client, he was probably on a power trip too. He sounds like he's fun at parties /s

Otacon0205:
Funny thing is that the guys is chubby himself, so I’m like, why are you judging?

There are a lot of bigger people with internalized fatphobia. I wouldn't be shocked if he was insecure about his size. So when he saw you, 40 or so pounds heavier, it was his time to shine.

You also see it a lot from people who are significantly bigger than the people they are fat shaming. The other side of the coin is when they are "concerned" about your wellbeing. There's usually some unsolicited advice mixed in.

You hate to see it.
2 months

Comments

Morbidly A Beast:
That’s so inappropriate at work and it kinda stinks that there’s no repercussions for behavior like that if it’s a client like what’s your boss gonna do drop him? Doubtful.

Otacon0205:
Exactly, given our dynamic at the time, he knew he could got away with it. Or generally I don’t think he realized how inappropriate what he said was. Some people are very oblivious about their fatphobia, they just think it’s the norm unfurtunately.
For this reason I always rejoice when I read that at least in the US we are getting fatter than ever as population every year with more than 40% being overweight, soon we will be the standard.

I personally don't rejoice in it.

I'm a feeder and an FA. I love fat people. However, the reasons why the US is getting fatter are nothing to celebrate. You have things like food deserts, rising costs in healthy food, decrease in city walkability, turning to food for comfort in these trying time ...

The list goes on.

I want people to be fat and happy, not fat and miserable.
2 months

Comments

Munchies:

Otacon0205:
Funny thing is that the guys is chubby himself, so I’m like, why are you judging?

Munchies:
There are a lot of bigger people with internalized fatphobia. I wouldn't be shocked if he was insecure about his size. So when he saw you, 40 or so pounds heavier, it was his time to shine.

You also see it a lot from people who are significantly bigger than the people they are fat shaming. The other side of the coin is when they are "concerned" about your wellbeing. There's usually some unsolicited advice mixed in.

You hate to see it.

Otacon0205:
For as much as I would not to, I am afraid is bound to happen. Too many rude people around that think you have to listen to their opinion. As they say, opinions are like an asshole, everybody has one. To counter that, whenever I meet a big person, I always make sure to treat them with the outmost respect and make them feel welcome and confident around me. I strongly believe we should stick together and change public perception.

All the good things.
2 months
123   loading