General

Why are people so angry at fat acceptance movements on the internet?

I've noticed it's gotten worse recently. I've assumed it has something to do with the algorithms but I think that fatphobia has always existed just below the surface. It's people making a final play to hold onto their superiority imo.
4 months

Baby Princess 23:
Hey I dont really know if this topic belongs here but I am so confused why some people on the internet, making videos or comments, on how they hate fat people.
Everything now is just "gloryfing obesity". When bigger people share what they eat in a day, the comments are full of hate just cause they ate a piece of white bread.

I would love to hava a little discussion on this and mabye you can share some thoughts on why the online culture is so strange nowadays

The internet is a megaphone for hate, and shopping.
4 months

Baby Princess 23:
Hey I dont really know if this topic belongs here but I am so confused why some people on the internet, making videos or comments, on how they hate fat people.
Everything now is just "gloryfing obesity". When bigger people share what they eat in a day, the comments are full of hate just cause they ate a piece of white bread.

I would love to hava a little discussion on this and mabye you can share some thoughts on why the online culture is so strange nowadays

Someone once said that fat shaming is one of the few socially acceptable forms of bullying. And it's true. Thanks to medical fatphobia and diet culture, a lot of people see being fat as a kind of moral failure.

How dare you not conform to societal norms? Don't you understand how unhealthy you are? How bad you look? They think fat people are a burden to society. In their minds, the only good fat person is one who feels bad about it and is trying to lose weight.

You really hate to see it.
4 months

So TRUE!! I've seen so many feedee's get harassed and bullied publicly for enjoying their life their way (Example: Mochii Babii). Tbh everyone is that popular group of people at school that are so above everyone else and think they have any right to judge or talk down to you. You'll get judged for having too much weight, too little weight, too big or small of boobs butt tights arms, having a face that everyone doesn't think is pretty, looking too sad, happy, angry, liking certain things, having too much or too little money, being pregnant or just had been pregnant, literally anything that you might like or are born with that you can't change, everyone can judge you. It's fucking stupid. And even if these things make you happy or you're proud of them, nobody cares, all they care about is that they express their hatred and try to act like they have any change in your life.
That is why I recently said "fuck it" and started my path to be a feedee, cause I can't make every person's world perfect for them, so I might as well make mine perfect.
Sorry for the ramble, I'm so happy to see other like-minded peeps share the same opinion about this.
4 months

“Why are people so angry at fat acceptance movements on the internet?”

The anger and intolerance on the internet are amplified extensions/reflections of the pervasive attitude in real life that being fat is unacceptable, (for various reasons). This attitude is an “acceptable” prejudice among many.
In my limited experience, even people I would otherwise consider broad-minded, kind, and intelligent may possess this mentality.
4 months

I definitely think we should have a discussion like this, because I have noticed it A LOT more recently than ever before! Especially since I have been getting anxiety about it every time I have to log into the internet.

Sometimes I do worry about it how will it effect the BBW, BHM and FA community and it’s future going forward.

Right then, so as far as I know fat hate has been around for as long as I remember. Especially if we’re talking about those “offensive” fat jokes from forms of entertainment and media. And I was very much aware of all this from personal experience and before body positivity/acceptance became relevant.

I also know that body positivity/acceptance is somehow allied with LBGTQ+ and Liberal groups and types of media. And guess who opposes? The Conservatives. Yes I think that the Conservatives (or conservative minded people) might have something to do with the rising hate towards fat acceptance recently.

Now I’m not attacking the Conservatives, because they’re NOT the ONLY reason. But it’s something to think about.

There’s also the fact of the statistic side of things of the rising levels of obesity around the world, not to mention the death toll of heart disease and other complications from obesity. And I believe some people now hate and/or turn their back on fat acceptance because of that too, especially when they’ve lost a loved one relating to this.

Finally, I think that some people now hate fat acceptance is because of the hate some people get within the community from like-minded individuals! It’s also explains on how some liberals turned to the dark side because of the people who one had supported/believed in hates them just as much as ones from the other side. And honestly that doesn’t surprise me from my own experience from being on here *cough *cough.

Munchies also has a point that fat hate it the “few socially acceptable forms of bullying” because of medical reasons and the diet/weight loss culture that has brainwashed people into believing that “fat is a kind of moral failure”. Which is depressing to see and hear about as a guy who likes bigger people, but it’s painfully true to an extent.

I also liked Angelette’s point of the cringe culture too. Now there are some exceptions like the “I identify as skinny” thing is a little egotistical in my opinion. But some people really like to label someone plus size and confident as cringe because it’s something that their egos are too big to understand something out of the ordinary.

So props to you fellas!

Oh boy, that was a looong post! So I apologize about that, but I had a LOT to say about this! But it’s lovely to know that I’m not alone who feels this way. So with that I thank you!
4 months

I think it's because people see FAT as unhealthy. Which in some cases it's true. People making them fat for their on pleasure isn't the norm. I think society sees someone thats obese or on my 600lb life is lazy and has no self control when it comes to diet and exercise or just in general a healthy well being.

In my opinion fat acceptance and body positive is important
4 months

?si=7uhUs1tRq4XdFfAX

Watch this kurzgesagt video. Online discussions are getting more toxic by the day.
Its very sad reality.

Many people bully bigger people since childhood so we are a easy target.. sadly..
4 months

you know for all the chuds that post “body positive cringe compilation #16816382b” there doesn’t seem to be a very big outlet for body positivity and fat acceptance on the internet. You think it would be all pervasive but if you look up body positivity or fat acceptance the first 100 videos are all cringe compilations or reaction videos.

It’s insane that people have such a strong reaction to bigger bodies
4 months

Morbidly A Beast:
you know for all the chuds that post “body positive cringe compilation #16816382b” there doesn’t seem to be a very big outlet for body positivity and fat acceptance on the internet. You think it would be all pervasive but if you look up body positivity or fat acceptance the first 100 videos are all cringe compilations or reaction videos.

It’s insane that people have such a strong reaction to bigger bodies

Despite a lot of people saying that body shaming is good for fat people, I don't think they truly believe that. I think that they have stuff going on in their personal lives and want to feel superior to someone. And being fatphobic is one of the few forms of bigotry that aren't widely condemned.

If you're interested, here's a deep dive into the show The Biggest Loser.

Of course, the show is on the extreme end of fatphobia. But there's a reason why so many people watched it. One of the show producers went on record stating he wanted to find bigger-than-average people so the average viewer at home could look at them and think, "At least I'm not like them."

You hate to see it.
4 months
12345   loading