General

Why are people so angry at fat acceptance movements on the internet?

This level of bullying and fat shaming, is what's disgusting. Fat people existing, especially daring to be happy and carefree out in the world or online is "glorifying obesity" the comments that follow are... Proving the actual problem. Sad that so many commenters point out the health effects, insist we are at deaths door and will suffer for our life choices. Nevermind the hateful, derogatory slander and absolutely insulting epitaphs regarding baseless assumptions of personal habits, appearance, attractiveness and don't hold back their 🤢 over other people's bodies.

Glorifying obesity? Fat acceptance, body positivity... People are completely missing the point. Fat bias and diet culture is so deeply engrained within media, healthcare and society at large nobody can see how they are huge part of the problem. Don't like, scroll on, plz keep comments to yourselves. Don't moo out car windows as we waddle down main street, or compare to Shamu. Point and giggle, stare or give total strangers well meaning lectures about their health and wellness. It's not okay.

Not one other demographic has to deal with such an aggressive level of hate and bias across the board from personal, social and professional. Well they do actually, however this is not considered acceptable behavior. It's literally illegal to discriminate against people based on race, creed and religions, known as Hate Crimes. Yet perfectly acceptable to hound and catcall or shame random fat people in public as nobody bats an eye or quietly agrees that fat people deserve it.
4 months

I just wanna mention our girl Mochii Babii was publicly hated and shamed on youtube by a youtuber that had a superior number of subscribers. Swolenormous is his name, and omfg I've never felt such anger for how awful that is! This man abused his audience and power as a creator to harass some girl on the internet who just loves to eat a lot and show off the body she's making. He even said he almost threw up, not to mention the comments are littered with hatred for her, saying shes disgusting and shit.
I don't get it! Hate is never appreciated, accepted, or wanted! Just because someone isn't living YOUR healthy lifestyle does not mean it's bad. These people are delusional and spread so much hatred that she left youtube. It's awful.
I also just left a comment on that stupid video defending our girl. She's far from disgusting, what's disgusting is that humanity accepts making someone feel like they should kill themselves because they have fat on their body, EVEN IF THEY JUST GAVE BIRTH!! Like WTF!!
(Sorry, I'm really angry about all of this)
4 months

They are just jealous because we get to eat how we want, as much as we want, and make no qualms about it, also some of us have currently the best self body image we’ve ever had in our lives and that makes them seethe because they can’t eat a hamburger without gaining weight lol. L.
4 months

MrOverstuffed:
I just wanna mention our girl Mochii Babii was publicly hated and shamed on youtube by a youtuber that had a superior number of subscribers. Swolenormous is his name, and omfg I've never felt such anger for how awful that is! This man abused his audience and power as a creator to harass some girl on the internet who just loves to eat a lot and show off the body she's making. He even said he almost threw up, not to mention the comments are littered with hatred for her, saying shes disgusting and shit.
I don't get it! Hate is never appreciated, accepted, or wanted! Just because someone isn't living YOUR healthy lifestyle does not mean it's bad. These people are delusional and spread so much hatred that she left youtube. It's awful.
I also just left a comment on that stupid video defending our girl. She's far from disgusting, what's disgusting is that humanity accepts making someone feel like they should kill themselves because they have fat on their body, EVEN IF THEY JUST GAVE BIRTH!! Like WTF!!
(Sorry, I'm really angry about all of this)

Hey you’ve got every right to be frustrated about it. I mean this is why I’ve been getting so much anxiety lately almost every time I log into YouTube.
4 months

Society does not recognize that obesity is beautiful, that it attracts us, regardless of health problems.

They still don't understand that we like being obese, it's not a question of diet. Food is the tool to be obese
4 months

It turns out that most people actually hate freedom. I think most would agree that expecting or trying to force an individual to conform to a very narrow set of societal norms, expectations, and ways of thinking is not really freedom. Yet that's exactly what society as a whole does. If you go to a place where almost everyone is a certain religion, they hate people who aren't that religion. It's no different.
Even in the USA, it's like how dare he use his freedom to eat donuts, get fat, and enjoy it. We have to stop this now and quit subsidizing healthcare for these people.
Just try to be extremely different in any way, you'll see...
4 months

Lynne841:
Not one other demographic has to deal with such an aggressive level of hate and bias across the board from personal, social and professional. Well they do actually, however this is not considered acceptable behavior. It's literally illegal to discriminate against people based on race, creed and religions, known as Hate Crimes. Yet perfectly acceptable to hound and catcall or shame random fat people in public as nobody bats an eye or quietly agrees that fat people deserve it.

Trans people get the same terrible treatment. It's been really bad as of late, and I feel both fatphobia and transphobia has unfortunately been gaining traction as of late. It's because certain people in society look down at you for being out of the "norm". They can't comprehend that we're working on making our bodies the way we want them to look. So they make fun of us or call us freaks since we don't follow the traditional ways of society.
4 months

I don't know
But I think many people just see their own interests and goals and don't think about if their could be other interests that differ to that they have for themselve.
And because of nearly everyone thinks that he is the one and only and does everything right he try or I don't know if try is the right word for that but in the end he refuse other interests or opinions because if their are other you can't be the one and only ...
But I think that is a problem that you not only have in this aspect of live...
3 months

Being fat is called "the last safe form of prejudice." Some people just need to have people they consider under them to build themselves up. Being fat does not hurt anyone else, despite the fact that people somehow twist things to say it is costing them money, and that fat people will cause everyone else in the world to starve. Most of all, it bothers these miserable people to see happy and successful fat people, and fat people in happy relationships.
2 months

Yea, the whole thing is super annoying. I used to probe into the mind of the people. Sparking very long debates in a attempt to understand. It often goes from "I just want people to be healthy" to "I'm just better than them and I want them to know it."

In short: those people are just assholes and bullies. If they aren't your spouse, chances are they just want to feel superior over someone and think you're an easy topic. It's pathetic.
2 months
12345   loading