Gaining

Eating lard?

Roni2241:
So I’ve been using heavy cream to gain for a while and I just happen to really love the idea of eating straight fat.

So obviously I want to eat straight lard as a way of gaining.

Does anyone have an experience doing this?

I’m aware it’s extremely unhealthy but don’t really care so

Munchies:
Don't do this. This is an extremely stupid thing to do.

Setting aside the heart health stuff I know you don't care about, this will mess up your internals big time. Assuming you can even get it down in the first place, you'll have an upset stomach. And then there's the misery you'll put your intestines in.

This is also setting aside the increased risk of gallbladder issues, which can lead to you not being able to eat large amounts of fat without extreme pain.

Just fry things in lard like a normal person.

Ohhhh, I really don't recommend trying it straight. I know someone in this community who was with a feeder who forcefed her lard. She got sick the first time she tried to get it down, and he still wanted her to try again. She did, and had digestive upset for days. She ended up losing several pounds. (Fortunately, she also ditched the 🤡 who didn't mind risking making her sick twice.)
4 months

Eating lard?

Lard is much nicer for making biscuits, pie crusts, pastries, etc. Eating it straight is disgusting.
4 months

Eating lard?

Roni2241:

Lard and cream are actually very healthy foods, the Keto and Carnivore eaters lose weight eating them.

However there is a very important caveat, NO CARBS. When you don't eat carbohydrates the body will try and burn fat as fuel hence it's weightloss effect. If you do eat carbs then the fat gets stored because of the body's insulin respose.

For us then what we want is a mixture of carbs and fat in large amounts. Pastry is one such food, very tasty and loads of variety such as various pies and cakes.

Cooking with lard is good, as is frying bread in lard. Eating it straight will get boring fast.

Cream is the most edible of pure fat but even then it's better to pour it on apple pie than try and drink it from the jug.

You can use cream instead of milk when making any kind of gainer shake. Top up with milk to suit your taste. The idea is to consume the maximum amount the easiest way possible.
4 months

Eating lard?

Leptine:
Lard, as animal fat, contains large amounts of saturated fatty acids. They are not healthy for us in large quantities.

The topic of eating pure lard used for frying is borderline fetish death-feederism - dark side.

In my opinion: try to find a lard substitute that, when consumed, can provide a similar experience 🤔

The lard substitute is shortening. And ngl that's not any better.

In fact, eating pure fat as a way to gain weight is an extremely bad idea. Even eating healthy fats like olive oil in large quantities will make you sick.

The body wasn't made to handle that much fat by itself or at once. And no amount of horny can overcome that. Unlike what OP is thinking.
4 months

Eating lard?

Roni2241:

Weetabix:
Lard and cream are actually very healthy foods, the Keto and Carnivore eaters lose weight eating them.

However there is a very important caveat, NO CARBS. When you don't eat carbohydrates the body will try and burn fat as fuel hence it's weightloss effect. If you do eat carbs then the fat gets stored because of the body's insulin respose.

For us then what we want is a mixture of carbs and fat in large amounts. Pastry is one such food, very tasty and loads of variety such as various pies and cakes.

Cooking with lard is good, as is frying bread in lard. Eating it straight will get boring fast.

Cream is the most edible of pure fat but even then it's better to pour it on apple pie than try and drink it from the jug.

You can use cream instead of milk when making any kind of gainer shake. Top up with milk to suit your taste. The idea is to consume the maximum amount the easiest way possible.

Lard can have health benefits. However, it needs to be as unprocessed as possible.

Lard is rendered pig fat. If you make it yourself, it's better for you than butter. However, the lard you by in stores is hydrogenated to make it shelf stable. This completely strips it of all health benefits.

And as for cream thing, I want to clarify for OP's sake that weight gain shakes should be used as a supplement and not as the main event. It's possible to get so full from them that you end up eating fewer calories than you planned. I've seen people who don't gain or even lost weight because of it.

I completely agree with everything else you've said.
4 months

Eating lard?

Roni2241:
Munchies:

And as for cream thing, I want to clarify for OP's sake that weight gain shakes should be used as a supplement and not as the main event. It's possible to get so full from them that you end up eating fewer calories than you planned. I've seen people who don't gain or even lost weight because of it.

I just want to add: Fill yourself up with proper meals. Then have a liquid meal. Snack in between meals. The Keto thing says narrow your eating window to 6 hours a day to lose weight therefore expand your eating window to all waking hours to gain weight. Heck if you wake up in the middle of the night, eat something!
4 months

Eating lard?

I dunno about the actual health effects of eating straight lard - presumably it's not great - but the usual anti-nausea stuff applies: Eat it quickly, distract yourself while eating, mix it with something palatable and chase with things like (proper) ginger beer and ginger extract (or stronger anti-emetics if you've got them to hand) to tamp down the nausea.
4 months

Eating lard?

Bloat Bigger:
I dunno about the actual health effects of eating straight lard - presumably it's not great - but the usual anti-nausea stuff applies: Eat it quickly, distract yourself while eating, mix it with something palatable and chase with things like (proper) ginger beer and ginger extract (or stronger anti-emetics if you've got them to hand) to tamp down the nausea.

Don't do all that. There's a proper way to consume lard: cook with it. Anything else is absolutely stupid.

Potentially going to the ER due to gastro-intestinal distress stupid.
4 months

Eating lard?

Just a heads up, all other comments aside about nausea and health risks, you're going to get really bad loose stools. Like "bring a change of pants" bad. I mean you might be able to pair it with foods that slow intestinal motility (foods low in fiber) but I don't know if it's worth the risk above maybe a spoonful for funsies now and then.
4 months

Eating lard?

Gonna jump in with the "don't do it" crowd.

H&H and hc are doable because the fat is emulsified in water with protein. Much easier to digest. Plus, plenty of people already struggle with the fat content of hc, which is 30-40% fat, depending on what kind you get.

Lard is 100% fat. Human digestive tract cannot handle that.

(If there's another reason lard in particular doesn't work, I don't know it, and would appreciate hearing it)
4 months
123   loading