Fat experiences

What does your belly peeking out feel like?

Idk how to ask this question delicately so I’ll just ask it. As a fat person, what does it feel like when the bottom of your shirt rides up and exposes part of your belly?

A couple things had me wondering this. I saw a local org post a photo on Facebook of some volunteers and one of the guys was rather large and a portion of his belly was sticking out of the bottom of his shirt. Maybe he didn’t care or even notice, but I know when part of my clothes expose my torso, I feel the draft or at least something different. I would think you’d feel a temperature change or that part of your body is exposed to open air.

Likewise, my partner is heavy and wears a swim shirt when she goes swimming. The last time we were in the pool, I noticed her shirt had ridden up and I could see her belly through the water. Surely I thought she’d notice but she kept on swimming as if nothing was different. Normally she’d want to cover up so I figured she must not have felt the difference or she would’ve pulled it down.
4 months

As a big person, I can usually tell when my belly is hanging out. It feels a little cool and breezy. Usually I'll adjust my top but most of them time I like letting my belly peak out. I tend to wear crop tops so it's out in purpose.
4 months

As someone who has been big forever, I always know when a shirt has ridden up. At home, unless I have to be on camera for work on Zoom, I usually wear clothing that lets my belly show by design. . or if I'm relaxing, I'll pull my shirt up a little so nothing is constructing me. Consequently, more than a few delivery people have seen my gut. 🤣
4 months

Honestly, it feels revealing. I have experienced it! I went to a Buffet a while ago, and I always like to dress for the occasion I knew I’d be eating a lot, so I bought a shirt, a size bigger just for my comfortability by the time I had left the restaurant the shirt had risen just above my lower belly and I could feel the air hitting my belly, and slightly nudging my pants as I walked. I really enjoyed it actually. However, I did feel “ all out there.” my belly was so loose and flabby as opposed to my tummy always being tucked in my pants
4 months

I love the feeling of my belly peeking out too. I like wearing my shirts just small enough so an inch or two of soft belly pudges out underneath, but I've been known to wear tops that show more belly sometimes.

I also wear my button-down shirts more snug now so that the buttons gap a bit when I sit.
4 months

There isn’t an appreciable difference in sensation, normally, between having a t shirt that completely covers one’s belly as viewed by the typical passer-by, and having a few inches of visible fat. Either way, your gut is flowing over the waistband, and feels cool air.

My wife often points out to me when my clothing needs adjustment because I’m exposing a bit of flesh, and I’ve not noticed.
4 months

Even though my belly is not very big, this happens sometimes when I'm wearing maybe a little too small shirt. In a physical sense I usually feel a breeze of cold air. In a more psychological sense I mostly feel bit embarrassed, but also a slight feeling of proudness might come after that.
4 months

I live in a pretty warm climate, so there isn’t always a noticeable temperature difference when the belly hangs out a little bit. Because I have a large, hanging gut, I generally make sure my tshirts are long enough to cover my overhang, especially at work. However, not all shirts are the same length and I have to pay attention to occasionally adjust the shorter ones to wrangle in the hanging gut.
3 months

At home, my belly is intentionally exposed, probably 80% of the time. I have even trimmed t-shirts to expose my abdomen and side rolls. I tend to run very very hot, and it helps me stay cool when my tummy isn't stuffed into clothing.
3 months

It depends on the top I'm wearing if it feels snug my belly will find its way to peek out eventually.
Part of that is due to my waistbands rolling down.
3 months