General

What are your favorite xmas foods??

I'm latine (Mexican and Ecuadorian), so my favorite Xmas food is tamales, tamales, tamales!!!!
๐Ÿซ”๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿซ”๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿซ”๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿซ”๐Ÿ’•

What's your favorite thing to eat on Xmas?
4 months

Stuffing, squash casserole, brussel sprouts, and mashed potatoes! Basically, a carb fest with a couple of green things.
4 months

BigBallBellyGirl:
Stuffing, squash casserole, brussel sprouts, and mashed potatoes! Basically, a carb fest with a couple of green things.

That sounds so yummy ๐Ÿ˜‹
4 months

EVERYTHING. Glazed ham with pineapple and cherries, hot German potato salad, stollen, roasted Brussels sprouts with a ton of garlic, eggnog, hot spiced cider, hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallowsโ€ฆ

But most of all I love the cookies! I always bake a ton of Christmas cookies for gifts and for eating. Double and triple batches of everything. Between me and my mom, we made eleven different kinds of cookies this year. All of them are, of course, delicious.
4 months

In the UK, we make Pigs in Blankets which are sausages wrapped in bacon which are delicious. I make a maple glazed version which is just ๐Ÿคค

I make a few different charcuterie and cheese boards over the festive period too

This year I also found a Pistachio Panettone which I've been eating daily too. Christmas definitely is the time to indulge
4 months

Here in Appalachia America, itโ€™s pies of all kinds, and biscuits and sausage gravy and buttery cornbread, corn pudding, green bean cassarole, buttery mashed potatoes, bourbon balls, ham roasted with pineapple, cloves and cherries.

Butter has been on sale since before Thanksgiving and we make abundant use of it in everything. Itโ€™s the Season of Pies here.

I could just eat it all up.

And I do.
4 months

So love the Christmas cookies and have been indulging in egg nog shakes with extra heavy cream and nutmeg quite a few nights recently!
4 months

EGGNOGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also cookies- all of them.
4 months

We always make these peanut butter/butterscotch squares with mini marshmallows. It's a good thing we only make them once a year, lol. And of course frosted Christmas cookies. Then being Canadian, we have gooey butter tarts and Nanaimo bars.
4 months

MsSquish:
We always make these peanut butter/butterscotch squares with mini marshmallows. It's a good thing we only make them once a year, lol. And of course frosted Christmas cookies. Then being Canadian, we have gooey butter tarts and Nanaimo bars.

Peanut butter and butterscotch? :O Would you be willing to share the recipe?
4 months
12   loading