General

Gaining as a college student

I'm not really sure where to ask this so if there's a specific category this should go in, please let me know.

Anyway, I'm currently a freshman in college on my second semester. I've recently been getting into feederism and have thought about becoming a feedee/ mutual gainer myself but don't really know just yet. Still figuring myself out and all.

But I was wondering, is there a safe way to actively gain in college without causing issues in say dorms and such or getting around to classes without much hassle? Unfortunately I can't just lay in bed all day with classes and such.

Additionally, I've had worries about what my family would think or say about my weight gain. My family isn't all skinny people but they'd notice of my clothes kept getting tighter and whatnot.

I just don't really know what to do and I was hoping someone had some tips or had been in a similar situation as myself. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
3 months

I went from very skinny to fat when I was in college. I found the campus cafeteria most helpful in gaining, but I never lived in the dorms, so I don't know about any unlimited buffets at my school or anywhere else. My only problem was outgrowing student desks, but there were alternatives and since you're already pretty fat (according to your profile), I guess you've dealt with that.

In retrospect, I wish I was able to live in the dorms for a lot of reasons not just the endless food to fatten up on.
3 months

Earning little by little is a good way, don't focus so much on fest food, just feeding the size of the plate helps with the gain in a way it can even make your family get used to it since it's slow
3 months

Not having dealt with any of these issues personally, I'm not sure how much insight my thoughts will bring, but here they are anyway:

If I'm understanding your concerns correctly, you should still be able to go to your classes from your dorm and gain weight, unless you have mobility issues? I wouldn't think walking to & from classes to be so strenuous that it would significantly hinder gaining. I would actually recommend getting some movement in your daily activities anyway for health reasons. If you're on a meal plan that gives you free reign to cafeteria food buffet style, then that's even better as you can just eat to your heart's content (maybe even study there??). Or, am I missing the mark on your concerns w/ getting to class?

I would keep your academics top priority, though, and worry about gaining secondly. There may be times on the semester when gaining takes a back seat to your exams, as an example.

What concerns do you have with the dorms?

With regards to your family's opinions, I believe that's something a lot of gainers deal with, so you have support. I imagine it gets easier dealing with comments as you spend more time as a big person, so unfortunately it's probably hardest at the start. It varies from family to family, but so long as your family is still accepting in the end and the comments aren't malicious, I would think you should be fine smiley It's just something that needs to be weathered.

Luckily, you have time to think about what you want to do and plan. And you can always come here for support or guidance.
3 months

What a nice view
3 months

I guess I should clarify some things. My issue with dorms is more or less 2 fold.

1: my bed. Pretty much all my beds at my college are raised in some way with some being lofted. I was worried that if I was gaining that even with stepping stools and such it'd be tough getting in and out of bed.

2: Roommate and such. While I don't currently have a roommate in my space I would probably worry about eating or stuffing my face in my dorm since I'd get subconscious with someone else there who may find it disgusting. I know I shouldn't care about what they think since it's my body, but it'll be on my mind nonetheless.

Getting to classes isn't hard really since I'm used to walking around the campus and I always fit a little walk here and there for some form of movement.
3 months

I gained my freshman year of college. Being away from home, other than summer camps, I really let go on the food. I don't know how much I gained, but it must have been around fifteen to twenty pounds.
I didn't have roommate issues, my parents, especially my mom commented, but nothing mean or demeaning.
After college/university is lost a lot of weight with a bout with pneumonia. I kept the weight off and joined the military reserves, serving for twenty five years. I retired from the reserves ten years ago and I have been a casual gainer ever since. I'm now over thirty pounds heavier than when I retired
3 months

Oh, yup, those beds can be kinda dangerous, haha. I would say getting a foot-ish tall stool should definitely help? Though, try to get one with a wide base and with some sort of friction on the bottom to prevent it from sliding around as you put weight on it. However, I think this is another issue you may run across anywhere as a bigger person. I would actually be concerned about breaking the bed frame? Hopefully the frames are rated for 'large loads'? smiley

I think the roommate issue depends on the roommate. If you're already big, then I think most roommates would already think you like food, so eating around them would just confirm it, lol. You could try figuring out their schedule (when they shouldn't be in the dorm room) and eat during that time. I'm guessing with being self-conscious about eating you probably wouldn't like eating in any cafeteria? You could also try having a higher frequency of meals, so that each meal looks smaller to your roommate? And also, unless your roommate actually says something, you don't really have anyway to know what they're thinking and they may very well not care or be paying you any mind... Not the best solution, I know, haha, but just like getting comments about your weight, this is another thing that mostly needs to be dealt with head on, imo. At the worst, if you do get comments, and they are malicious, then your university should have a way for you to be moved to another dorm room. In fact, you may even try to see if your university allows for you to put in a request for a single person room, if this is something that reeaaly bothers you.

Lol, but as a biased grad student, I am obligated to echo what has been said by others: studies should be top priority.
3 months