General

Your idea of "plus size"

okapi wrote:
The fashion world is dictated by gay men who want their models to looks like young boys. Some, perhaps most, women apparently misinterpret this, thinking that men in general want women to look like young boys. Statistically, women want to be thinner than men want them to be.

That's an interesting thought. =o As for my thoughts on plus size... probably 16 and up.
15 years

Your idea of "plus size"

My idea of plus size doesn't pay much attention as to a clothing size but more of an overall part of the woman being overweight and on the verge becoming let's say "Fat"!

If the woman is shorter 5' - 5' 4" they may appear bigger or plus size quicker than a taller woman....obviously depending on body type as well.....if they are more pear shape then they will seem heavier but mostly their lower half....so full body shots or clothing can slightly change these initial impressions.

But overall I would say a woman in my opinion is plus size when she has many body parts that are much bigger and thicker than an average woman and she actually has some soft Fat and rounding to her overall body shape.
9 years

Your idea of "plus size"

"Plus" size in North America can be anywhere from size 18 to 30 and I have no idea how that translates to European sizes. I am Canadian so that's how I know "plus" sizes. I found a conversion chart:

asknumbers.com/SizeConversion.aspx
9 years

Your idea of "plus size"

I think the fashion industry considers size 14 and above BBW, or plus size. What gets me about the fashion models, is that they want everyone the same size and height, so that they can interchange the clothes, and not have to worry about the sizes.
9 years