Lifestyle tips

Sleeves to long on 3xl

Has anyone come up with a solution to sleeve length being to long on larger size clothing? Has any one brought shirts to a tailor?
4 months

Sleeves to long on 3xl

Beerbelly:
Has anyone come up with a solution to sleeve length being to long on larger size clothing? Has any one brought shirts to a tailor?

I also have the same issue as a 500 pound woman who is only 5'3", both with sleeve length and hemline.

There are a few women's retailers out there who custom make clothing if you send your measurements. Of course, they're a tad pricey, but I find it's a good investment for a few nicer items. I'm sure men might have similar options.

For other items, like casual dresses, I fork over for a tailor. I have a place I use regularly, and the tailor pretty much charges a flat rate regardless of what I bring in.

For casual items, like sweatshirts, I just deal with it. I also end up opting for short sleeve tops often, because I do overheat very easily.
4 months

Sleeves to long on 3xl

Beerbelly:

From what I've seen and heard from the ultra-supersized crowd, your options are getting custom-sized clothes, getting things tailored, or making them yourself.
4 months

Sleeves to long on 3xl

Beerbelly:

Munchies:
From what I've seen and heard from the ultra-supersized crowd, your options are getting custom-sized clothes, getting things tailored, or making them yourself.

I've definitely found this to be true. There are no retailers who make clothing I could order without customization and receive ready to wear without tailoring. My arms are short, and I'm not broad-shouldered, but my midsection girth expands to more than a hundred inches when sitting and my rolls and bulges are "compressed". My tailor usually ends up taking about 4 inches off hems and some length off sleeves.
4 months

Sleeves to long on 3xl

Beerbelly:

I’ve certainly had business shirts tailored, but a cheaper option is to get sleeve garters. They’re very suitable if you wear a jacket over the shirt, and if you don’t, selecting the right ones will give a retro aesthetic.
4 months

Sleeves to long on 3xl

The problem is that there are so many variations in the shape of a BBW/SSBBW. Some may carry their weight in their butt, some in the stomach, some in the chest. Also, some have very fat arms and legs, and some have thin ones. Also they can make short, average, and tall in S,M,L,XL, but when you get into 8X, they are not going to make as many variations. I know there were some supersize clothing companies who custom made things, but it was very expensive.
4 months

Sleeves to long on 3xl

I recommend doing your clothes shopping irl as opposed to online unless you know what size it is exactly, you can try it on at the store and if it doesn’t vibe you don’t have to buy it. But I get wanting to shop online.
4 months