General

I'm going to be a supersized bride!

Last night at midnight, my kiss came with a marriage proposal!!! My partner... er, fiance... and I already knew we were in it for the long hall and that we would eventually get engaged, but I was NOT expecting it to happen last night!

Apparently, my parents knew it was coming, and my best friend helped choose the ring (which needs to be sized up *just* a little, as it's slightly snug).

We're looking at next November or early December. And if anyone's curious, I plan to maintain my current weight, since I've never felt more attractive than I do at 500!

Advice from anyone who was an SSBBW bride, who married one, or who just generally gives good advice is welcome! 😊
3 months

I married a woman who's a BBW, but I feel this is still valid for an SSBBW: Don't feel pressured to get an expensive conventional wedding dress. My wife got a dress that could be described as sort-of renfair-ish. It has a lot of give in it, so it can stretch quite a bit. It also cost much less than a "proper" dress.

Other than this, remember to relax and don't panic.

Congrats!
3 months

BigBallBellyGirl:
Last night at midnight, my kiss came with a marriage proposal!!! My partner... er, fiance... and I already knew we were in it for the long hall and that we would eventually get engaged, but I was NOT expecting it to happen last night!

Apparently, my parents knew it was coming, and my best friend helped choose the ring (which needs to be sized up *just* a little, as it's slightly snug).

We're looking at next November or early December. And if anyone's curious, I plan to maintain my current weight, since I've never felt more attractive than I do at 500!

Advice from anyone who was an SSBBW bride, who married one, or who just generally gives good advice is welcome! 😊

Congratulations, that’s awesome!
3 months

BigBallBellyGirl:

Letters And Numbers:
Congratulations, that’s awesome!

Thank you so much! 💓 I really I'm luckier than I ever thought I'd be, finding someone who is a true partner in every sense. I also happen to be crazy about him!
3 months

Wow!!! Congratulations- what terrific and happy news!

Wedding planning can be fun and stressful - but as long as you and your fiancee are happy and in love with each other, most of the details end up working out just perfectly.

Good luck and keep us posted! Hooray!!!
3 months

BigBallBellyGirl:

Congrats!

3 months

Hell yea congratulations! smiley
3 months

Congrats indeed!

My wife and went on Etsy for our rings when we were married more than six years ago. Kept costs down!

No shortage of help and options out there for plus-sized dresses :-) I’m sure you’ll find something! In our case, we had a conscientious enough sales lady hold onto the one she 1) could fit into at 320 pounds and 2) liked the style in the first place. Wifey is up to 340 now and likely can’t fit the thing anymore!
3 months

congratulations!!
3 months

BigBallBellyGirl:

Congratulations!
3 months
123   loading