General

I'm going to be a supersized bride!

Congratulations!! I wish you all the best and luck and yayy happy start smiley
3 months

Congrats to you, that's so exciting!
3 months

Congratulations! I wish you the best of luck and I hope you have a fantastic wedding!
3 months

Congratulations!
3 months

BigBallBellyGirl:
Last night at midnight, my kiss came with a marriage proposal!!! My partner... er, fiance... and I already knew we were in it for the long hall and that we would eventually get engaged, but I was NOT expecting it to happen last night!

Apparently, my parents knew it was coming, and my best friend helped choose the ring (which needs to be sized up *just* a little, as it's slightly snug).

We're looking at next November or early December. And if anyone's curious, I plan to maintain my current weight, since I've never felt more attractive than I do at 500!

Advice from anyone who was an SSBBW bride, who married one, or who just generally gives good advice is welcome! 😊

Conratulations!

My wife was about 450 lbs when we married. Her only weight-specific requirements were a short service and reception, so as to minimise the periods she had to remain standing, and for the venue to have comfortable seating.
3 months

Firstly a huge congratulations!

On to planning: we had a couple of 400lbs plus guests at our wedding and can say that venue, reception layout and chairs were the main sticking points.

Often the rented chairs are placed a little too close together at the ceremony and tables can be cramped at the reception.

As you’re the bride, make sure your planner/ the venue/ caterer is at minimum aware of the weight requirements for the chairs and that for aesthetics your size is consider in the layout for the reception.

Other than that, first dance and photos: check out a number of show companies to make sure you are happy with what you will wear.

Finally: make it your day. The memories are yours and you want to enjoy it!
3 months

On to planning: we had a couple of 400lbs plus guests at our wedding and can say that venue, reception layout and chairs were the main sticking points.

Often the rented chairs are placed a little too close together at the ceremony and tables can be cramped at the reception.

As you’re the bride, make sure your planner/ the venue/ caterer is at minimum aware of the weight requirements for the chairs and that for aesthetics your size is consider in the layout for the reception.

Other than that, first dance and photos: check out a number of show companies to make sure you are happy with what you will wear.

3 months

Thank you all, so much, for the well-wishes and advice! I really do appreciate this community.
3 months

LondonFA:

This is excellent advice. There are some layouts I know won't work, for example, an elevated platform for the bridal table. Additionally, I want to be able to move easily through the room and greet people. Distance between tables is a consideration. Thanks again for your insights.
3 months

Congrats!
I got married to someone who as 400+ as well. Only tip I got is wear comfortable shoes since you'll probably be doing a lot of standing and moving.
3 months
123   loading