Story authors

Your fantasy, my pen: let's craft your dream story!

Stevita:
That said, I use AI foe my covers, but the covers aren't what you're supposed to pay attention to, and I'd commission art if I could afford it.

Don't you hand draw the models for your covers and use AI to finish them? That's more than most people do, and why they come out so unique looking, I think. It's more than I do. For the most part I'm fixing up afterwards with photoshop at best.
3 months

Stevita:
That said, I use AI foe my covers, but the covers aren't what you're supposed to pay attention to, and I'd commission art if I could afford it.

Letters And Numbers:
Don't you hand draw the models for your covers and use AI to finish them? That's more than most people do, and why they come out so unique looking, I think. It's more than I do. For the most part I'm fixing up afterwards with photoshop at best.

That's pretty much my process; I'm just not good with shading or anatomy.
3 months

Stevita:
Unpopular take, but the plagiarism aspect isn't even what turns me off about AI writing; it's the sanitization. Human authors plagiarize off each other all the time; it's Marvel and DC's favorite thing to do. But Human authors have their own quirks; I like to think people are like, "There goes stevita again thinking 'semidarkness' is a word, and whoopdidoo, one of her characters ate out someone'a bellybutton" whether that's a good or a bad thing. AI just doesn't know how to do the kinky dirty fun stuff, you know? And reading a million self-affirmation journeys written by a robot gets hella boring.

good point
3 months

Hiccupx:
The AI generated tick box sounds like the way to go for now. My take on AI in general is that, human created is better. I predict that in the near future, the Internet is going to be absolutely awash with AI generated content, and the vast majority of it will be sub-standard, mass produced, drivel. The more AI there is, the more human generaled content will seem rare and valuable, and this is what people will want. For instance, there are now quite a few AI generaled images in the pics section, they are quite clever and of some interest for a while, but of far more interest are images of real people.

Letters And Numbers:
I guess I disagree a bit. The internet is already saturated with static AI images, and I don't see that changing without legislation to protect IP. If you look at Deviantart, it's flooded with AI (here's their policy, fyi. Mandatory to disclose if any AI tools are used, and they have bots that scan metadata to independently flag suspected AI. www.deviantart.com/team/journal/New-Label-Requirement-for-AI-Artwork-966421077). Midjourney has gotten really good. Even free tools are good. A lot of people have trouble telling the difference between good photorealistic AI and the real thing. Even on this site, people get fooled. *Especially* on a site like this where a lot of people want extraordinary body proportions, there will be a demand for AI images. Hopefully the era of the tech bros and computer touchers who call themselves artists because they can generate a cool pic of a sexy astronaut (seriously, why is it always astronauts?) is over, but who knows.

For written word, AI is getting worse. There have been bot-written stories posted on this website going back a year. If you read stories regularly, you may have read some and had no idea. They are getting better and faster to make. Our friend, the OP (who seems like a very nice fellow), generated conservatively 30,000 words of content that for the most part makes sense in maybe 2 weeks. And that's from a non-native english speaker. There are bot-written stories on here that are more convincing. They fool people. By this time next year, AI fiction is going to be absolutely everywhere.

AI video, too. That's the next one we'll see over the next year. It will be interesting to see what onlyfans does. I don't know if they have an AI policy or not. But they have a ton of money behind them, and if they want AI video on their site, they could really put pressure on legislators to slow down and let AI do its thing. Or vice-versa. We know where SAG AFTRA stands.

And I guess I disagree that people will choose the human-made stuff over the AI-generated stuff. Some will! But people like consumer art (and smut) that's familiar, that is like a product they already love, with a small enough twist to make it different, but samey enough that it doesn't challenge. Look at the most popular TV shows and books and movies and music. Imagine Dragons is a huge band! Imagine Dragons! They make music for 7-year old boys! They're huge! AI-Imagine Dragons would be huge, too. I mean, some of the most popular human-written stories on here are some of the dumbest, too. But that's what people like! By and large, the lowest common denominator is pretty low. Go into any professional/semi-professional writing space and all the advice is to find a very popular, marketable entity and copy the formula with enough of a twist that it passes the sniff test, and then market yourself to fans of that original property. And repeat.

But AI checkboxes would be a good step and would keep this site in line with a lot of other content hosting sites out there. Definitely a good step.

Generative AI is the worst it will ever be. It will get better in time. Have you seen generative AI when it first hit? It sucked big time. And in the short time since then, there's already been major improvements.

And all of this? It comes at the expense of those who make content. The majority of them didn't consent to it either. And to then use it to make money off of said content? It's a slap in the face to anyone who makes content. It's honestly demoralizing and disincentives people from posting anything.

This should be something you look into in the long-term lest FF turn into a feedist content farm.
3 months

Hiccupx:
The AI generated tick box sounds like the way to go for now. My take on AI in general is that, human created is better. I predict that in the near future, the Internet is going to be absolutely awash with AI generated content, and the vast majority of it will be sub-standard, mass produced, drivel. The more AI there is, the more human generaled content will seem rare and valuable, and this is what people will want. For instance, there are now quite a few AI generaled images in the pics section, they are quite clever and of some interest for a while, but of far more interest are images of real people.

Letters And Numbers:
I guess I disagree a bit. The internet is already saturated with static AI images, and I don't see that changing without legislation to protect IP. If you look at Deviantart, it's flooded with AI (here's their policy, fyi. Mandatory to disclose if any AI tools are used, and they have bots that scan metadata to independently flag suspected AI. www.deviantart.com/team/journal/New-Label-Requirement-for-AI-Artwork-966421077). Midjourney has gotten really good. Even free tools are good. A lot of people have trouble telling the difference between good photorealistic AI and the real thing. Even on this site, people get fooled. *Especially* on a site like this where a lot of people want extraordinary body proportions, there will be a demand for AI images. Hopefully the era of the tech bros and computer touchers who call themselves artists because they can generate a cool pic of a sexy astronaut (seriously, why is it always astronauts?) is over, but who knows.

For written word, AI is getting worse. There have been bot-written stories posted on this website going back a year. If you read stories regularly, you may have read some and had no idea. They are getting better and faster to make. Our friend, the OP (who seems like a very nice fellow), generated conservatively 30,000 words of content that for the most part makes sense in maybe 2 weeks. And that's from a non-native english speaker. There are bot-written stories on here that are more convincing. They fool people. By this time next year, AI fiction is going to be absolutely everywhere.

AI video, too. That's the next one we'll see over the next year. It will be interesting to see what onlyfans does. I don't know if they have an AI policy or not. But they have a ton of money behind them, and if they want AI video on their site, they could really put pressure on legislators to slow down and let AI do its thing. Or vice-versa. We know where SAG AFTRA stands.

And I guess I disagree that people will choose the human-made stuff over the AI-generated stuff. Some will! But people like consumer art (and smut) that's familiar, that is like a product they already love, with a small enough twist to make it different, but samey enough that it doesn't challenge. Look at the most popular TV shows and books and movies and music. Imagine Dragons is a huge band! Imagine Dragons! They make music for 7-year old boys! They're huge! AI-Imagine Dragons would be huge, too. I mean, some of the most popular human-written stories on here are some of the dumbest, too. But that's what people like! By and large, the lowest common denominator is pretty low. Go into any professional/semi-professional writing space and all the advice is to find a very popular, marketable entity and copy the formula with enough of a twist that it passes the sniff test, and then market yourself to fans of that original property. And repeat.

But AI checkboxes would be a good step and would keep this site in line with a lot of other content hosting sites out there. Definitely a good step.

Munchies:
Generative AI is the worst it will ever be. It will get better in time. Have you seen generative AI when it first hit? It sucked big time. And in the short time since then, there's already been major improvements.

And all of this? It comes at the expense of those who make content. The majority of them didn't consent to it either. And to then use it to make money off of said content? It's a slap in the face to anyone who makes content. It's honestly demoralizing and disincentives people from posting anything.

This should be something you look into in the long-term lest FF turn into a feedist content farm.

Yeah, exactly. When I said it’s getting worse, I meant it’s getting higher quality, more convincing. Even the video that’s out there now— it’s still crude, but you can tell that in no time it will be extremely good for how cheap it is to make.
3 months

Hello, I have a fantasy, my name is Arturo and I always fantasize about being a chubby young office worker who is dominated at the wishes of his boss who seeks to make me fatter and fatter, only seeking to expose how gluttonous and chubby I am.
3 months
234   loading