General

Feeding for strength

We've been eating a high protein and very high animal fat diet with near zero carbs for over a year now.

I lost my love handles and dropped a pant size with noticeable gains in muscle definition. My wife is still enormous however her belly, ass, and thighs have softened dramatically. I absolutely love how her body feels in this state. She loves that I'm back to my early-20s physique.

We both recently had body composition scans performed. Our body fat is almost all subcutaneous; both of us had less then 1.3 lb visceral fat. Her numbers indicate health nearly equal to mine despite being over 100 lbs heavier. Neither of us take any meds.

It's certainly possible to be both heavy and healthy. Eating only high quality natural foods plays a major role.
3 months

Feeding for strength

Newenglander:
We've been eating a high protein and very high animal fat diet with near zero carbs for over a year now.

I lost my love handles and dropped a pant size with noticeable gains in muscle definition. My wife is still enormous however her belly, ass, and thighs have softened dramatically. I absolutely love how her body feels in this state. She loves that I'm back to my early-20s physique.

We both recently had body composition scans performed. Our body fat is almost all subcutaneous; both of us had less then 1.3 lb visceral fat. Her numbers indicate health nearly equal to mine despite being over 100 lbs heavier. Neither of us take any meds.

It's certainly possible to be both heavy and healthy. Eating only high quality natural foods plays a major role.

The part about the low visceral fat is interesting. Some people have speculated that carbs are more likely to turn to visceral fat than excess calories from other sources since they have to be converted in the liver. I don't know it's actually true.
3 months

Feeding for strength

Delta9:
The part about the low visceral fat is interesting. Some people have speculated that carbs are more likely to turn to visceral fat than excess calories from other sources since they have to be converted in the liver. I don't know it's actually true.

You could be spot on about this.

We started with keto two years ago then did away with the plant based items early last year. Our doctor recommends visceral fat be under 1lb for optimal health.

The downside to a zero-plant based, high protein and animal fat diet, from the perspective of this community, potentially would be an eventual inability to maintain one's desired level of obesity.
3 months
12   loading